Of All Times

Episode 9

Week 7

Concept Evaluation

“How’s your practice?” Yanjun asks as he casually lies down on one of the lower bunk beds in Zhangjing’s shared room.

“Good. I just had to teach Ziyi how to make use of his voice other than his B-O-O-G-I-E Wang Ziyi,” Zhangjing says while going through his clothes to look for anything comfortable to wear that evening. Something soft and warm might do. He’s still marvelling how summer is coming but the weather is still cool at early morning, before the sun rises.

Yanjun sits up from the bed and puts his copy of their song, firewalking on the small table, he looks at Zhangjing and smiles—a proud, fond smile. He’s been asking Zhangjing on tips on how to sing the song better. Zhangjing critics like a real mentor and he loves it. He also loves it when Zhangjing just casually joins him in singing a line or two, what heaven would it be if they sing the song together.

The thought makes Yanjun smile unconsciously, only did he catches himself doing it like a dumb creature when Zhangjing was already standing in front of him with a scared expression and open mouth.

Mouth…

Yanjun repeats it to himself and swallows.

He had always like Zhangjing’s smile, the way his lips stretch and his cute bunny teeth shows.

Lips…

Again, Yanjun swallows, only this time he breaks their eye contact as his gaze travels down to Zhangjing’s lips.

Zhangjing this time, has followed Yanjun’s gaze and swallows along with him. He automatically closes his mouth but did not forget to swipe his tongue over his lower lip to moisten its dry surface. It was supposed to be an innocent action, because why won’t you moisten it when it’s dry?

But that small action got Yanjun clenching and unclenching the sheets under him.

“Yanjun…” Zhangjing calls and Yanjun feels a tiny spark in his tummy, wanting to respond.

Yanjun wants to grab him, push him on the wall, or maybe carry him to the table and put himself snug in between the elder’s legs—anything, anything just to keep himself close, closer to Zhangjing. And maybe have Zhangjing’s fingers run and through his hair, while he pulls the elder’s hair to tip it better, so he can kiss him deeper. Until he could shove his tongue ‘til Zhangjing’s throat.

Yanjun was not sure if he said everything in his mind out loud or maybe it’s just htat Zhangjing wants it too because he has started walking towards Yanjun and the younger could only groan when he realized that Zhangjing dropped himself on his lap so he’s straddling him and it’s closer, ever so closer than Yanjun could have ever imagined and wished at that moment. But it was perfect. It was exactly how he has wanted them to be.

Zhangjing has his head lowered, his gaze downward and shy.

Yanjun could no longer remember when was the first time he saw Zhangjing this shy and this close. It makes him admire the features and curves of his face. Beautiful, he thinks. He has always heard and watch Zhangjing praise him for his feature but little does he realize that Zhangjing, himself, is beautiful.

People just does not see it often, because Zhangjing keeps his funny façade.

“Zhangjing, are you sure?” Zhangjing lifts his eyes slowly. Yanjun chants, fuck fuck fuck in his mind because Zhangjing is so breathtaking when he does that.

Zhangjing could feel his heart racing. What am I doing? He keeps on asking and scolding himself, btu he’s already there, he has taken the steps and climbed on Yanjun’s lap. Shit, he thinks, I haven’t thought I would be this daring, but Yanjun is too handsome to care if he looked stupid and desperate. A meal is served in front of you, why not devour it?