Wingman Down

GABRIELA'S P.O.V

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" Maddie asks me.

I spent most of the day with Maddie trying to make her feel better about Abby and Kelly's fight. Now we're in my room watching classic Disney movies, while Mackenzie and Vitoria are were downstairs binge-watching Victorious.

I groan. "No. Are you?"

Maddie pulls the pullover over her face. "No."

"I was hoping that you were so that I can latch off on your excitement."

"Sorry," I wrap my arm around my knee. "Do you think they're gonna even be there tomorrow? Paige and Brooke?"

"I don't know. Kelly has left before because of Abby, but nothing like this."

"Yeah," I snort. "She slapped Abby."

"Well, whatever happens, tomorrow I've got your back."

I smile at her. "I've got yours too."

In the den the next day was in one work-- awkward. The den the next day was in one word, awkward. There's a big elephant in the room that nobody was talking about. Everybody avoided bringing up the fact that the Hylands aren't there and the reason why.

I thought Christi would've been the first person to bring it up, she kept quiet and not involving herself in any of the conversations.

The door opens, and in walks, Kalani.

"Hi, Kalani," Mackenzie waves.

"Hi Kalani," Melissa says afterward.

Kalani waves 'hi' back before dropping her bag and seating in between Maddie and Gabriela.

Smiling at her I reach over to give her a hug. "Welcome."

"Yeah! Unnie and I aren't the new kids anymore!" Vitoria cheers, grinning widely at Kalani.

Kalani chuckles at the ribbing. "Hey!"

Seconds later, Kira steps into the room.

"Hello," Jill greets her.

"Hello," Kira greets back, taking a seat. As soon as she sat the tension in the room increases; you could cut it with a knife.

"So Kira, did Abby ask you to join us this week?" Holly asks, breaking the tension.

Kira nods. "Yep."

Jill looks her over. "Are you here..."

"For how long?" Melissa interrupts.

"Like what did Abby say?" Jill asks Kira. "Come and...stay forever or..."

Kira shrugs. "Kinda up in the air. We're gonna see."

Holly nods. "Okay,"

"Well, either way, welcome to the team," Eomma tells her.

"Thank you."

At that moment, Abby's voice came from the studio. "Girls! Let's go! Let's go! What's going on out there."

Quickly the girls and I got off the floor and enter the studio.

Abby impatiently waits for all of us to enter before speaking again; she didn't look happy. "I told everybody, you were warned, the face of the Abby Lee Dance Company is changing, and Kalani, you're the face that I want in here."

"Moving on to the pyramid," Abby removes the covers over Paige and Brooke's pictures. "Brooke and Paige are no longer members of the Abby Lee Dance Company."