• Chapter 3 •

Addison slung her pink backpack onto one shoulder as the rest of the class filed out of the classroom hurriedly to get to their new electives. She tried to avoid the forming crowds in the school courtyard, Addison never likes attention.

Addison traveled into her thoughts as her footsteps slowed. She began talking to herself in her mind, checking off what she has to do, and what needs to get done. She hadn't noticed where she was walking as she dozed off in her thoughts. She suddenly stumbled over her feet. She quickly braced herself for impact until she felt a pair of arms strongly gripping hers. (A/N gosh this is so cheesy im so sorry)

"Addison?" She could head a familiar voice above her as a small crowd started to emerge at the scene. She removed herself from his hold and stood up properly.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry thank you Jin," Addison said in a rush. She wanted the crowd to evaporate as quickly as possible.

"You're talking fast. Do you have a fever? Do I need to take you to the nurse? How's your ankle is it okay?" The boy asked, examining different parts of her body as he spoke. A group of girls stared gushing at the scene.

"Jin, I'm fine. I trip all the time I'll be okay, you don't need to worry." Addison said, once again in an attempt to end the scene.

"It's my job to worry. Give me your backpack I'll carry it to your next class."

————————————————————————————

The first thing that Addison noticed when she walked into the room him was his smile. The way his entire face lit up when he saw her. The way he acted like such a gentleman towards her and greeted her when she entered the classroom. It had Addison dumbfounded, how kind the boy was.

"Hi! My name is Taehyung, nice to meet you!" The boy called out to her, hand out. A light blush dusted Addison's cheeks. The boy was undoubtedly attractive.

Gosh, when did he get so handsome? Addison thought to herself, quickly shaking herself out of her thoughts. "I'm Addison Burns, nice to meet you too!"

"You're Rebecca's friend, right?" Taehyung asked as he fiddled with the foosball table situated in the corner of the room.

"It's a long story..." Addison trailed off while awkwardly rubbing the back of her neck.

Taehyung noticed that the topic made her uncomfortable, and he quickly changed the subject.

"So, do you play any-"

Before either he could finish his question, the guitar teacher walked into the room.

"Hello! My name is Mr. S., and I'm going to be your guitar teacher for the semester! Now let's not waste time! Go get your guitars and ukuleles!" The teacher said. Addison had known Mr. S. for a few years, mainly from primary school music classes. The teenagers lazily stood up to take their instruments from the old guitar closet.

The majority of the class hurried to find their friends in the circle of chairs that was set up around the room, meanwhile Addison and Taehyung focused on finding a decent guitar in the old classroom.

"This one's pretty good." Taehyung said, handing Addison not a good guitar, but the best one the class offered. It was visibly worn out from years of classes, but it was the best option, and Taehyung wanted to make a good impression.

"Oh, thank you." Addison said with a smile. She hurried back to the class, taking a seat. Taehyung sat beside her, quickly flashing a smile.

"So, as many of you may know, my name is Mr. S. Some of you may remember me from your 4th grade music classes, others have private classes with me, and some of you may just not know me. So, this is my introduction. My name is Mr. S. and I'm going to be your guitar teacher for the semester."

Taehyung tried his best to pay attention to what Mr. S. was saying. He had taken the elective half a dozen times, and always heard the same introduction. He takes the same elective every time, because this seems to be the only place where Taehyung can find peace in the school. He does his best to stay away from the group of boys that often target him. They mainly flock to the sports classes, such as basketball and baseball. Sure, the guitar may be seen as lame, but Taehyung was so used to hearing whispers that he barely valued them.

Mr. S. walked around the room, passing out music sheets to everyone in the circle. Taehyung picked up the familiar piece of paper, the same song given at the beginning of every semester.

"Addison, will you sing the song for us?" Mr. S. asked the girl. My head turned to the side as her face flushed red as the question. Taehyung could tell she was shy.

"Okay..." she shyly nodded as she went and put her guitar back into the closet. Mr. S. began to write notes on the board and showed the class how to play them.

After the usual ten minutes of experimenting, most of the class were able to play the four simple chords written on the board.

As Addison started singing, Taehyung was in shock. He knew that many of his classmates sang, but Addison was by far the best he had ever heard. Rebecca had rarely talked about Addison to him, except for the fact that they drifted apart as friends. Rebecca never talked about Addison's positive qualities, only the negative ones.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
A/N

It's been a year and this chapter still makes me cringe I even edited it and it's still horrible I-