Chapter 4: Finally June

Mai

In the end, Sachiko decides to go to his party under one condition, for me to attend as well. Yes, for me to go to a party that will be at a dining hall reserved for the hall night. I think it is kind of outrageous for me to go to such a luxurious party. Everyone will be wearing expensive dresses and getting hair all done. It's just not right! Selena is popular and well-known, however, a person like me..? Sachiko is taking it too far!

When we get to the party, it is so crowded that everyone was against each other. I didn't like that feeling and I don't think Sachiko does either. We try to push through to meet the host of this outrageous party. We searched around for a few minutes, then we spot them standing in the middle of the dance floor.

No one is allowed to go on the dance floor, only the host and when time comes to dance, people can step onto the floor. However, Sachiko is a bold one. With the sound of her high heels tapping on the dance floor, everyone stops the talking and stared at her with astonished faces.

She takes her stop in front of two seniors, she announces to one of them, "I have another plan tonight. Is it possible for me to leave this party early?"

The senior looks at her, "Wow! Sachiko, you look beautiful tonight! May I have your first dance?" The senior lowers his head and lends out his hand.

Sachiko stares at his hand and rolls her eyes. Then whispers, "Make this quick," then announces, "You may." She places her hand onto the senior's.

No body made a sound during the moments they were dancing. The music in the background played perfectly in sync with their movements. Truly, Sachiko is the most beautiful one out there tonight. I bet that if she decides to stay, everyone will crowd around her. Way to go Sachiko!

The music stops and Sachiko takes her leave off the dance floor. As I expected everyone runs to her, but she continues to walk out towards the door. I try hard to follow behind, when we got to the door, Sachiko grabs my hand and runs fast out the party hall. When we are about a good distance away, we stop and look behind us.

Sachiko is breathing hard, but tells me, "Let's head back to the dorm, we have a lot of packing to do tonight and our flight is at 10 tomorrow."

I look at her, "Saiko... Why didn't you stay? You won't see those seniors again! You know that right?"

"Dont call me that! I'm tired, but I want to finish packing so let's go!"

"Hey, hey, you know that you were like the most perfect one out there tonight!?"

"I don't know why you spent so much time doing my hair if you knew that I am only visiting, not staying. Or did you really not know?"

"I don't really care, no matter which occasion it is, I want my Sachiko to look the best!" There was a bit of silence, Sachiko begins to walk off. "Hey! Are you listening?!"

She turns around, "Mai, I have to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"Well, you know, I know you do a lot for me, but I have to tell you no mater what!"

"Just tell me! What is it?"

"I'M SORRY! IF YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR ME! I KNOW WE GREW UP TOGETHER. I'M VERY SORRY, BUT I AM STRAIGHT. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN GIRLS! I ALREADY HAVE RYOSUKE IN MY MIND! I THINK YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT, BUT I CAN'T ACCEPT YOUR FEELINGS!"

I stand there dumbfounded... "Are you really stupid, or is this an act? Do you really think I like you in that way?"

"Well you said-"

"Sachiko! You little piece of shit! Get your ass over here right now! In hundreds of years! Thousands of years. In my whole life time, a girl or boy, I would never like you!"

I chase after her as she runs for her life, but I think she got it wrong... I only want the best for her... She doesn't have much time left...