Taking Home The Brother

~4 days later~ ~Sirius POV~

I jerk awake to find myself on a hospital bed, Regulus asleep in my arms. I gently pet his hair out of his face and kiss his forehead softly. I carefully crawl out of the bed and walk over to where Remus is sleeping on a small couch sort of thing. I lay next to him and lay my head on his chest. One of his hands goes to my waist and I smile. He didnt even wake up. He just knows it's me. I put my arms around him and snuggle close to him.

I feel soft lips against my forehead and look up. "Did I wake you?" I ask

"I've been awake for a while, nightmare?" I nod my head and snuggle closer to him. "Do you want to talk about it?" He questions in a soothing tone, rubbing my back and sides gently.

"It was just the same as a-always but i-instead of them beating me they w-were h-hitting reg right in front of me and laughing. I-i saw my d-dad t-touch r-reggie and I c-couldnt e-even scream" I choke out. Remus holds me close to him.

"Baby, clam down. You're safe and so is reg, see? Hes right there, still asleep. You can go back to sleep, I got you" He keeps rubbing my back in a soothing manner and I eventually calm down. I close my eyes, willing sleep to come. After a while I eventually fall into a semi peaceful sleep, the last thing I feel is remus' soft lips against my forehead.

~a couple hours later~
A door creaks open and my head snaps up. Regulus laughs and Remus chuckles at me. So I guess I was the only one asleep. My arms are still around remus' torso so I just bury my head in his chest. He kisses the top of my head softly and I melt into him.

"Reeeee, why did you wake me uuuup" I whine

"Sirius, do you know how heavy you sleep? Regulus and I have been in here laughing and talking for an hour" I move my head so I'm looking at reg's bed. There's a nurse running some tests on him.

"Can I talk to you boys in the hallway for a moment?" She asks. I sit up and grab Moony's hand. We follow the nurse into the hallway and Remus puts one arm around my waist. Probably to immobilize be if I go crazy.

"Regulus is healing well, he may go home today but must take it easy, he will need exercise, but be will be very sore for probably about two weeks."

"Thank you" The nurse walks off and I turn to Remus with a huge grin on my face. Remus looks down at me, a look of... Dread? In his eyes.

"Re? Baby what's wrong?" I put my hand against his cheek.

"Sirius, when we go home we'll have to go to your house. And bring the police with us. We will have to set up a court date and I don't know.. I'm just scared you'll lose and have to go back there.. Or worse... You and Regulus get sent away" I coo at him

"Remus, sweetheart I'm not going anywhere. I have the damn scars to prove that my father and mother did things to me. Regulus has scars and medical records. We'll get through this. And if they try to sent us away, well, they won't get very far because I cant sleep without you." I lean up and kiss him softly. We break apart and I lay my forehead against his.

"We'll be okay Remus" I grab his hand and walk into the room. Regulus is stirring there, looking at us questioningly. I walk over to him and sit on the end of his bed smiling.

"Reg?"

"That's my name"

"You ready to go home?"

"Hell yes! Get me out of here"

"There are a few things we need to talk about before we go alright?"

"Okay... He says less excitedly" Regulus looks slightly freaked out by the serious look on my face.

"We need to press charges against mother and father... Both of us are going to have to testify"