Chapter 2: Someone to care for you

Cabe awoke to banging on his door, "I'm coming!" Cabe threw open his door only to find Walter and Paige at his door with Ralph and Sylvester behind them.

"Have you seen them?" Paige's voice was frantic.

Cabe ran a hand over his face, it was too early for this. "What are you talking about Paige?"

Walter spoke, "We went by the garage debris all around it, no way in."

Sylvester spoke up next, "Happy and Toby won't answer their phones. Can't track their phones either. They aren't at their apartments. We can't find them!"

Cabe sighed, "Maybe they never left last night. Call the garage."

Ralph slid in front of his mother, "We tried that. Powers out."

Cabe grabbed some shoes and his sunglasses, "Then let's go see if we can unbury the garage."

Finally after Cabe called some reinforcements, the group was able to get through the door. Spreading out they searched everywhere. Suddenly Ralph called out, "Over here!"

Everyone rushed over. Ralph pointed through the now open door to the far wall of the room. They found Toby asleep against the wall, Happy's head in his lap. Happy was stretched out next to him, her arms tucked up under her, a blanket draped over her with Toby's hand resting on her back.

"Thank God!" Paige breathed running over to them. At the sounds of Paige kicking things as she made her way over to them, Toby and Happy began to wake up.

Happy looked up, unsure what to make of the looks on their faces, she sat up and grumbled, "What, have you never seen best friends fall asleep waiting for a storm to pass?"

"Doesn't matter!" Paige wrapped them in a hug together, "Don't scare us like that again! Please!"

Happy grunted, "Okay, fine! Paige, get off!"

Paige stood and helped the two of them up, "Well, I'm sorry, if I was worried something happened to two of my great friends who got caught in the worst storm in a long time. And they weren't answering their phones due to lack of power, not at their apartments, the garage buried by so much debris! I feared the worst!"

Toby looked down to Happy, "It's good to have someone who actually cares about us isn't it, Hap?"

Happy looked up to him smiling slightly, "Your right, Doc. I'm sorry, Paige, someone caring for me is just not something I am used to."

Paige smiled as she wrapped Happy in another hug, "It's just since we all became a cyclone I feel like I can't remember a time without you guys. And if I lost any of you I don't know what I'd do."

"That goes for me too," Toby added wrapping his arms around them both.

Sylvester stepped forward, "I'm glad you are both okay, but forgive me if I don't hug you. You both slept on the floor."

"You're forgiven, Sly," Toby chuckled with everyone.

Cabe cleared his throat, "Now we could stand around talking about close calls all day. Or we can clean up our home."

A few more things were said about everyone being glad the pair was safe before the group left them to clean up the broken glass and things that had come through the windows.

When the rest had gone, Toby wrapped Happy in a hug before kissing her head. Toby then turned to leave and help the others. Happy gripped his jacket sleeve, "Wait, Doc."

Toby turned back and grasped her hand from his jacket, "Everything alright, Hap?"

Happy stood on her toes and slowly slid her free hand to the back of his neck, gently pulling him down the rest of the way to kiss his lips lightly. "What I said to Paige, I meant that for you too."

Toby wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer as her other arm wrapped round is neck. He kissed Happy's head again, "I know you did, Hap."

"Toby," Happy slid down till she was flat footed again her hands resting on his arms, "I didn't want us to hurt each other. Still don't. But, Toby, you are right, I haven't admitted if I share your feelings. Toby, I love you, so if we are going to be broken together, then let's be broken together, and be together. You're right there is no telling if we survive the next case. But can we keep it between us, while we find a balance between our jobs and US?"

Toby couldn't answer just yet, he had to kiss her and he did, "We will keep US between us until you are ready, Hap. And tonight after work I will pick you up at your place and not miss a dinner date ever again."

Happy smiled, "Great. Now, let's go help our family clean up our home."