27: Taking You

"Daniel, I need to talk to you about something serious." I informed him while walking into his room.

"What's up darling?" he smiled and set his pen down.

"Remember how your management wanted you guys to have a like, a prom?"

"Yeah. What about it?"

"When we all found out about it, I was so sure I'd be going with Jonah. But now, I don't even know if I'm gonna go."

"Well, it's kind of like a Sadie Hawkins dance so the girls have to ask the guys. All you gotta do is find a guy you want to take as your date & ask him."

"This is going to be so hard." I sighed and threw myself onto his bed dramatically. "Will you go with me?"

"I'm sure you'll find someone. But, in case you don't, I'll happily be your date to this 'prom' management is putting together for us." he smiled. "It's going to be like a real prom but it's also gonna be used for a music video too."

"Oh, really? What song?"

"It's a surprise but I'm sure you'll love it."

"I always enjoy the stuff you guys make."

"I know & that makes me happy."

"Everything makes you happy." I pointed out, making him smile widely. "You're too freaking cute, Dani."

"Thanks." he blushed slightly & looked back at his notebook. "I think you should ask Corbyn to this 'prom' thing." he smirked.

"I think you should shut up."

"Why don't you make me?" he teased.

"Oh, I know a lot of ways to shut you up." I said, trying to act serious, but failing miserably as I cracked up. Daniel was also laughing uncontrollably & it made my heart happy.

"You're my favorite person in this whole house. Just, don't tell Jack. He'll be offended."

"Don't worry. My lips are sealed."

~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm home. And guess who I brought with me." I heard Jack call from the front hall. As soon as I heard a little girls laugh, I shot up from my bed & flew down the stairs to see not only my little sister, Isla, but Ava & Reese too.

"Abby!" Isla shouted as she ran into my arms. I picked her up & held her close. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." I smiled & kissed the top of her head before setting her down and doing the same with Reese.

"Awe. This is so cute." Ava smiled as she took a picture. I set Reese down and pulled my younger sister into a hug as well.

"I missed you too, Ava."

"I missed you too. But, Jack, unfortunately I didn't miss you."

"Well, I'm hurt. I'm just gonna go to my room now." he joked & headed for the stairs.

"No, stay Jack." Isla grabbed his arm and pulled him over to her. He crouched down to her level and pulled her into a hug.

"I heard Reese. Where is she?" Zach asked as he came flying down the stairs, pushing Ava and I out of the way to get to his little sister. "Reese, you need to stop growing. You're getting taller & older & I don't like it."

"Of course you don't, Zachy." she smiled. "I'll be at that age where I start dating & you, as well as Ryan, always tell me to slow down."

"You need to. I can't handle you bring a teenager soon. They suck."