Chapter 2

The reception just started, and it was time for everybody to eat. Chance was trying to beg for food from the guests. 

"This food looks delicious. By the way, can you set me up for a vegetarian meal?" Kali asked the chef, while waiting in line.

The chickens then just came inside to find Kali. (They've already met Chance and Sassy by now). But they weren't planing on staying inside for long. As with being small birds some of the guests could potentially step on them. Not to mention most of the people thought they were uncooked food. Plus the chickens couldn't have any conversations with Kali at the moment, not while all these strangers were around. 

While Kali and the twins were waiting their turn in line to get some food, they saw Chance causing some mischief. Shadow was also watching Chance by the door. 

Although Shadow was glad to see Chance and the other pets already getting along so well, he did think Chance was becoming a bad influence on them. Even Nobby already liked hanging around the bulldog a lot. Kali of course had to explain to Chance not to chase the chickens. 

The pets were all starting to bond as friends. 

"Hey Chance, what's up?" Nobby soon found Chance after two elderly women left the room. 

"That lady doesn't even know how to shake right" Chance gave a complaint with a small scowl.  

"Humans can be weird sometimes" The British rooster replied. 

"She needs training" Chance said about the lady. 

"You need the training" Sassy then appeared. 

"Ah great, and I suppose you know a better way?" Chance groaned, turning to the snobby cat. 

"Yes. I'll get food, by acting like I don't want food" The snobby cat replied while licking her paw.  

"That's stupid" Chance scoffed. 

"I'll prove it!" Sassy said.  

"Oh you don't have to prove it, we believe you're stupid" Chance told the smart-mouthed cat.  

"Now this I gotta see this" Nobby became interested now.

Sassy started rubbing up against her human Hope and meowing. Hope picked up her cat and held her close "Oh Sassy, I wish we didn't have to go away. I'm going to miss you so much". 

The dog and cockerel watched Sassy by the doorway.  

"Just watch me work" Sassy told them before Hope grabbed a piece of shrimp. 

"Hungry?" Hope offered Sassy, holding the shrimp out in front of her face. 

"No" Sassy turned her head away, which made Chance and Nobby tilt their heads, confused. Hope tried to get Sassy to eat the shrimp, but she kept refusing. 

"No, no, I can't, I just can't. I have those four pesky ounces still hanging on from Christmas" Sassy claimed before she suddenly took the shrimp soon after. 

"Oh well, if you insist" she scarfed it down. 

"It works!" Nobby was surprised. "I don't believe it. I should try that with Kali sometime" he soon added.  

"I gotta remember this" Chance also said as Sassy came back over to them. 

"It's like I said all along poopsie. Cats rule and dogs drool" The smart-mouthed cat told the dogs. 

"Get a life" Chance told the dramatic cat. 

"Yeah, get nine of them" Nobby added while glaring at Sassy.