Chapter 2

Now, I'm watching this girl I have been madly infatuated with kiss this guy, her boyfriend. I must really be the stupidest guy on the planet. It would be me to like the one girl that's unavailable. As the song is going off, I get out of my thoughts.

"Welcome back bro, haha I thought we lost you for good", say's Josh.

"Shut up bro. What you mean?"

Josh and Ed both start clowning me because it's now obvious that I got a thing for this girl Simone.

The football scrimmage comes to an end and now we move the homecoming festivities to the after party. Ed ended up meeting up with one of his girls after the game, so I'm heading to the party with Josh. As we get inside, the house party is packed. Two levels and everyone is turnt. Josh begins dancing and fooling to the music.  The lights are deemed, music is blasting, and everyone is having a good time. There was never a party like this at my last college.

Drinks are flowing, bodies are moving and everybody's dancing, and then then BAM!

Someone spills a drink on me. The lights are too low for me to see who did it, but I'm pissed. I begin to hear a girl saying, "I'm so sorry. Someone behind me pushed me." I look down and before I can say anything, the girl starts patting me down with a napkin.

"It's okay, I got it"

I head into the kitchen to grab a napkin. The bright yellow kitchen makes my eyes hurt as I run the napkin under water. I hear the same voice again asking if I need any help and continuing to say she's sorry from behind. Annoyed, I turn around and my words get stumbled as I realize it's Simone.

"It's.. It's cool, really don't worry about it"

"Are you sure? I don't want to ruin your night or anything. By the way, I'm Simone." She reaches her hand out to me.

"Yea I'm positive. If it leaves a stain, fuck it... I'll always have a something to remember homecoming by... haha.. I'm Kevin by the way." I say as I think to myself am I really having a conversation with this girl? I feel like I am in a daze.

"Haha yeah, hi Kevin. Are you new here? I don't remember seeing around last semester."

"Yea, I just transferred here from a small college in South Carolina. I was tired of being far away from family and then my last school was trash so I decided to come here."

To my surprise as  I thought the conversation was going to end she replies, "Where is family?"

"Ha... um, I'm from Atlanta so about an hour away from here. Close enough for me to go home whenever I want. Far enough for them not to visit."

"Hmm.. Atlanta. Not as poppin as Savannah."

Not that I have ever been, or know anything about Savannah, I responded "Savannah, really? Only good thing to come out of Savannah was probably that dude from Power." Thinking to myself let her know you're interested I say, "And possibly you."

"Haha... yea your right... Don't mean to toot my own horn but this country girl is poppin."

"You definitely are... beautiful" I say as I feel the tension get thicker.
She coughs and then says, "How are you liking Crest so far?" I realize her starting to look behind herself.

As I begin to answer her question, this guy come up behind her and says, "Hey babe, I've been looking for you"

"Oh hey, this is Kevin, I spilled a drink on him trying to find my way to the kitchen and we've just been chatting. Kevin this is Dave my boyfriend".

I say "Hey", as begin to look away and turn my attention to my phone. She gestures a wave and then leaves the kitchen with her boyfriend.