Glossary

▪️ Indulgence

Before you start reading I would like to apologise for my lack of knowledge. I think you all know that I am not a Chinese person (or not because I never said otherwise) and all of my ideas are from the music. Thus, I only write to calm down my head so I can breath (especially at the beginning of a new song) otherwise I can't do anything. I only know Chinese a bit from school but it was kind of useless for this story since it concerns ancient China. Some of my friends, however, love TV Drama and Chinese novels so they know a lot about it. But if you know more and see any incoherence, don't hesitate to tell me. Nevertheless, I hope it won't change anything in the story since if I do change something it may impact the future chapters or the story itself (XD, don't be afraid, even I don't know why I said that). 

▫️ Glossary 

Since there would be Chinese term in the book I create a Glossary. Word will be explained but in case if you forgot some terms you can come to check here. All of this will most likely be written by my friends who are c-drama/c-novels fans, thank you Foenix8

Bengong: Meaning "I", used by the Imperial consorts and the females of the imperial family.

F

Fu: Compound or Estate. For example, The Junwang Fu: The prince's compound/estate.

J

Junwang: Name for the Second-rank prince, also referred to as Junwang ye; it means "His/Your Royal Highness".

=> Also see Quiwang

L

Light a candle: Pray

N

Niangniang: Respectful title used for the Empress and/or imperial consorts.

Q

Quiwang: Name for the First-rank prince, also referred to as Wang ye.

=> Also see Junwang

Xiao: In Chinese, people use the word "xiao" before the name to address someone usually younger than them. They call them in an informal and friendly way. But Xiao can also be a family name.