2: Affection

Kayon's POV

I parked inside of the garage, the rain got heavier soon after that. I carried Claire into the house, she was still asleep. I lay her on the couch carefully and decided to change my clothes in my room.

Claire's POV

I slowly woke up to find myself lying on the couch. I sat up and examine the room around me.

"What an interesting place. He lives alone though?"

I looked around, but something caught my eye. I found a picture of him with his parents on top of the counter, they seem to happy.

I was startled by the door shutting behind me, it was Kayon.

He approached me with a bag in his hands.

"What's this?"
"It's my sister's, she left some clothes here and I don't she'll mind if you borrow some."

I grabbed the bag from his hands and opened the bag, it was full of shirts and sweatpants. I took the pink shirt and blue sweatpants then returned the bag to Kayon.

"Thanks."
"No problem, I don't want to see what's under your shirt."

He said in a playful manner, I punched him on the shoulder.

"Where can I change?"
"Well, you can change here if you want, I don't mind actually."

I threw the bag on his face and he started laughing. He pointed to his room and told me to not snoop around with his things.

I went inside his room, it was very neat. After I changed, I looked around a bit. He has a lot of certificates of excellence in his room, he's probably a straight A student. I was about to head out when all of a sudden, the lights went out. The room got pitch dark and there was just silence.

"Kayon? Are you in here?"

No response. I started trembling, fearing the worst that will happen.

I jumped when something touched my back, I started tearing up.

"Kayon this is not funny, why are you doing this?!"

I got on my knees and cried. After a while, the lights went back on. I looked around the room, no one was with me in here. I opened the door to find Kayon sitting on the couch, he was laughing. I wiped the tears off my face and turned my back on him.

"That wasn't funny Kayon, I don't like being prank like that."

Kayon stopped laughing.

"Hey I was just messing around with you, don't take things so seriously."

Without knowing he stood up and hugged me from behind. I flinched a bit but eventually relaxed.

"Claire, are you feeling well? Your body's temperature seems to be rising up. I think you got a cold."

Now that he's mention it, my body feels weak. He lay me down on the couch and went in the kitchen.

He went back with some medicine, and a cup of water in his hands.

"Don't worry, you'll get better soon. Just drink some of this."

I sat up and drank the medicine he gave me, it tastes bitter though. He went in his room ang grabbed some blankets and a pillow.

Soon I was resting on the couch, with him sitting on the floor.

"Hey Kayon."
"Yes?"
"I'm sorry."
"Sorry for what?"
"Sorry for everything, you've done so much for me but I still can't seem to trust you. Can I trust you?"
"You can trust me, I'll never hurt you. I promise."

After that I slowly fell asleep.

Kayon's POV

She fell asleep, she still doesn't trust me.

I sighed in disappointment.

I removed some strands of her hair that's covering her face.

"Do you really see me as a pervert? I have my urges but I'll not let it get in between us, even if I really wanted to."

I stood up and went in my room to get some sleep, I'll make breakfast later.