I Love My Life!

"That boy likes you."

My eyes widened,"No he doesn't!"

She shushed me,"Keep your voice down."

I shook my head. How could my mom think that? This has been so hard for me. Not only is the first guy that Ive really cared about not caring about me, but he's dating my roommate who is privileged and arrogant and way prettier than I am... tough stuff.

"What's wrong?" My mom asked.

"He doesn't like me he likes her," I stated.

"I see the way he looks at you Katie..."

I cut her off,"That's bull mom. I gave him a chance with me, I was vulnerable, and he wanted her over me." I felt like I was about to cry. Why? Why does he get to make me cry? Why am I even crying this isn't sad!?

My mom brought me closer to hug me which I let her do. After a few moments of silence she sighed and I looked over to see tears in her eyes.

"Mom?"

She looked over at me and laughed,"I'm sorry!"

"Why are you crying?" I asked chuckling.

"Because!" She wiped away her tears,"You are ten times the girl she is. I don't even know her and I can just tell."

I closed my eyes,"You're my mom you have to say that."

"I wish you could see what everyone else sees."

"That's cliché mom everyone is beautiful in their own way. My beauty is completely different from Janelle's and sadly boys like her beauty more than mine."

My mom laughed,"I wish I had that advice when I was dealing with your father."

I smiled,"That's where I learned it."

She squeezed me tight,"You are too good for him. Don't forget that. Even when he comes crawling back..."

"He won't," I interrupted.

"We'll see."
----------------------

I guess I fell asleep in the couch. My mom left after our talk and I was going to go beach toy room but I was so tired I just passed out. I'm heard the door open and the hallway light shined onto my face.

I groaned,"Janelle?"

The door shut and I heard someone one whisper,"Sorry."

I found myself drifting back to sleep when I heard footsteps and Janelle's voice ring through the apartment,"Babe!"

I rolled my eyes. I LOVE MY LIFEEE!

"Shhhh.... Katie's sleeping." Nathan whispered from what sounded like the kitchen. I guess that's where they are.

"Who cares?" She laughed.

There was a moment of silence.

"What's your problem?" Janelle spat.

"I'm tired."

I heard a groan,"Well your always tired and I'm getting sick of it."

I decided to try to creep over to my room before this escalated. I was almost out of dodge when I heard Nathan say,"Katie!"

I turned around to see him sitting at the kitchen table and Janelle drinking a glass of water on the counter. They were at opposite ends of the kitchen but, just as fast as I turned, Janelle raced over to Nathan and put her arms around him. "Good morning," she sang out.

I faked a smile,"Morning."

"Sorry if I woke you up when I came in," Nathan said,"I can make you some breakfast if you want."

Janelle glared down at him.

"Too make up for waking you," he smiled over at me.

I waved him off,"No biggie don't worry." I began to walk away.

Nathan stood up quickly,"Wait!" I turned,"Let's all go get some food I'll pay! We just have to leave soon because I have an interview in an hour."

Janelle stood by him and patted his arm,"That's sweet but I don't know if Katie is going to be able to get ready quick enough. I mean she has to look presentable which might take a while."

Nathan looked from Janelle to me,"I think she looks great!"

Janelle cleared her throat and looked at me,"Men am I right?"

I smiled,"I'll be ready in five."

As I shut the bathroom door I heard Janelle squeal out something to Nathan. I brushed my hair and teeth and threw on some mascara. I looked pretty grows but I was not going to get all dolled up for a stupid breakfast with the two most obnoxious people on campus.

I walked out and saw Nathan texting on his phone. "I'm ready," I said.

He looked up and smiled,"Alright let's head out! Janelle you ready?" He called.

Janelle peaked out from her bedroom,"Yep let me just grab my phone!"

Nathan stood up and walked over to the door. I followed,"Where do you want to go?" He asked.

"I don't care."

Janelle came jogging out of her room. And smiled,"I need a smoothie!"

Nathan nodded,"Looks like we'll be going to the cafe."

He looked back at me as Janelle walked out of the apartment.

"What?" I asked.

He just shook his head,"Sorry."

Janelle was jumping up and down,"Let's go!"

-------------------

We got our food and sat down at a table near a window. I silently began to sip my iced coffee and look at my phone. Rude, I know, but I really didn't want to be around either of them. Nathan was all of a sudden being nice to me and Janelle couldn't stop being a flirt for five seconds.

"So Katie I have a question," Nathan said putting down his breakfast sandwich.

I nodded,"Shoot."

"Kay and Cole are going to their family's beach house next weekend and they want you to come. Jade and Miles and everyone will be there..."

"I will too!" Janelle said smiling.

I internally rolled my eyes. I did want to hang out with Jade and the girls so I decided to not let Nathan ruin my fun,"I'd love to go."

Nathan beamed,"Awesome. It will be so much fun, you'll see!"

I smiled. I was excited but also nervous. Could I handle a weekend of Janelle and Nathan?