Chapter 21

I stare at the three sleeping deeply. The darts last for 4 hours so I had time to fight Jennie before they wake up. But the problem was, Jennie wasn't here anymore. I look to Taeyong who has also noticed this. He faced my direction and then widened his eyes and opened his mouth to speak but I felt a pair of hands, covering my ears and try to crush me.

I take a deep breath and start to speak. "Jennie you really want to end it like this?" She releases her hands and grabs me by the shoulders, turning me to face her. "Y/N, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into." She says. "But I'm doing it for the right reason."

"Hmm ok good luck Y/N....." I swiftly take out my gun and shoot to her. Jennie dodges in such beautiful action. "You've gotten better." "Thank you." Jennie pulls out her lucky dagger.

"Why do you have a dagger Jennie?"

"Well it's my lucky dagger I carry around with me just in case for anything at any type."

"Is it really that special?"

"Y/N, I always win a fight with this dagger."

"I never lose Y/N." She twirls the dagger and is now close to me. "Neither do I." Jennie aims for my ear and pierces. Luckily I tilt my head the other direction, but the dagger cut a silt on my cheek.

"Missed me."

"I dearly did."

Instead of weapons, I punch her on her nose, causing her to fall, but she jumps back up and then takes out her gun. She shoots one after the other, and other distracting me. It's like a thousand bullets coming at me. Surprisingly I dodge things in a heartbeat. Once her gun ran out of bullets she tossed her gun behind her and does some martial art movements to me. I do some back but she is more superior in martial arts than me.

"Woah Jennie I'm so jealous. You're so good at martial arts!"

"Ahh thanks Y/N *ruffles Y/N's hair* it's my specialty."

"Hmph teach me one day!!"

This was my weakest. I was running out of energy. I knew she would use this against me. She gets faster and faster and holds me by the shirt. "Stop panting Y/N." I pant more. And more. She smirks. I feel something insert into my side. I cough up blood.

"Y/N!!!!" I can hear Taeyong shout my name.

I fall back and Jennie falls with me but with a steady balance on top of me.

"Say you're goodbyes...." It was like the dagger was going to enter my stomach in slow motion. I close my eyes as I wait for it. But I don't. I open my eyes and see Jennie's eyes closing slowly. The dagger drops onto my stomach (handle first) gently. Before she could drop all her weight on me, I push her off and get up, putting the dagger in my pocket secretly.

Taeyong was holding the sleeping dart gun in his hand. He drops his arm down and is taking deep breaths. He's sweating like crazy. What was he doing?

"Taeyong..." I whisper. I then remember the wound in my side from the dagger.

Everything goes black.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Taeyong P.O.V

Shit I hope she's ok. God this is bad. I pick her up bridal style and rush her to the hospital. I already called other officers to get the four they girls. But how does Y/N know them? I guess I'll ask her after she heals.

~at hospital~

"Doctor, is she going to be ok?" I ask the doctor when he comes back into the room I was waiting in.

"She'll be fine. The stab was indeed very deep but luckily taking her here and having immediate surgery saved her life. Ms. L/N will need 2 weeks rest. I know you two are going through an important case but I'm sure you guys will manage it somehow. She is sleeping in her room. You can visit her now."

I thank the doctor and head up to her room right away.

I enter her room and see her body lay there helplessly. An oxygen mask was put on her for now. Her face was pale and unhealthy.

No

No this can't happen. Not again. Please, don't leave me....

Yeri.....

The image of Yeri's dead body and my children flash back through my mind. I put my head in my hands in sadness. This situation is reminding me of that day of the murder. I can't afford to see a person dying in front of my face again. The doctor said she'll be fine, but how does he know? What if she starts to bleed out again from the wound? What if-

RING RING!!

I quickly take out my phone and answer to Yuta.

"So how's the case going?"

I sigh and tell him everything.