How to Write Fanfiction

Hello dear readers!

If you have ever read my books, you should know by now that Fanfiction is one of my favorite things in the entire world!

I get many people sending me their stories through private messages and I read and give feedback.

Well...one day, I thought, what if someone wants to write but they don't know how?

So that's where I come in!

I will use my knowledge (which isn't very much but should suffice) and help out future authors.

If you want me to address a certain thing, this is the chapter to comment on. Tell me if you want me to teach about paragraphs, ideas, or even if you want me to talk about your favorite celebrity!

Also, if you want me to read your story and give you feedback, send it to me in the comments and I'll add it to my list! If you give me permission, your story might just be featured in this book, this giving you some extra exposure! (I will ask that if you want me to read your story that you either send it to me through messages or comment on this chapter only. It's against wattpads policy to advertise your story on the comments of another persons story but as long as it stays on this chapter I will not report you. Odds are I'm not going to report you if you put it on another chapter, but I might get super annoyed and ignore you...oops.

I already have so many things to address in this book!

I really do not want this to seem like a school lesson, so I will be splicing in some humorous examples of what not to do, courtesy of my mind! I will write some terrible (but funny) examples of what not to do and how to fix them! If you have certain people (eg. Kian lawley, Cameron Dallas, or Harry Styles) you want in these little stories, let me know in any comments.

I will also be very sarcastic and try to be funny in this story, so don't be offended by it! I will never bash on any author or any story. If I am reviewing your book, respect will be the most important part when I write the review! So definitely do not be afraid of sharing your story with me!

So that's basically all I have to say in this chapter! I feel like this is one huge authors note and it's kind of weird!

Before I go, I will give you all some simple base guidelines to follow when writing a Fanfiction.

1.) pick what you wish to write about.

Whether you want to write about a singer, band, TV show, youtubers, viners, or even video games, it always helps to have someone or something in mind.

2.) pick an idea.

Do you want your Fanfiction to be an epic love story between Connor Franta and your main character?
Do you want your story to be about how you became One Direction's best friend?

It's always handy to have some sort of idea in mind. No, you do not need to have an entire plot planned to a T, but a general idea is great!

3.) have fun!

Do not be afraid to let your inner-fangirl out when you write! If it helps, imagine that you are the main character of the story that is falling in love with Nash Grier (because you already know how if feels to fall in love with him!)

Never let any idea seem too extreme for you because guess what? It's your story and the possibilities are endless! Have an amazing time writing!

And I will leave you with that! I will be updating this soon with my first tip! It may or may not have something to do with commas!

Love you all! Happy writing!

(Ps. Shoutout to @missblakeyy on twitter for making the collage for this cover!)

xox -Delilah