12 Roses

L bumped into the most beautiful girl in the halls. He caught her by her waist before she can fall backwards.

"Oops, mian!" she bowed as soon as she got back on her feet. L smiled.

"It's okay..." IU smiled as she saw L's handsome smile. "Um....I'm Jieun, but call me IU." she introduced.

"I'm Myungsoo, but call me L~" he introduced himself.

"Nice to meet u~ but...i have to go, my dad is waiting..." she bowed and L just say goodbye.

"I'll see you later than !" That was their first meeting. A few days later, she found a lavender rose in her locker from an unknown person.

~~~~~~~~~~

L and IU became best friends very fast. IU went to L crying when she lost her mom and L was there to support her. When L was mad or felt sad, IU was there to calm him or made him smile again. One day, L gave her a rose. Yellow rose.

"What's this ?" IU asked as she held the beautiful yellow rose in her hand.

"It's a yellow rose~ Do you know the meaning ?" he asked and tilted his head. IU shook her head."Yellow rose is the meaning of friendship...I gave roses to people I trust~ and its kinda sad but you are the very first one to receive a rose..." IU smiled brightly and hugged him.

"thanks, oppa~"

'Oppa..."L liked the sound of that. 'Oppa'

~~~~~~~~~~

2 months have past since L gave IU the yellow rose, and today, he prepared something for her. A pink rose.

They sat down by the park grass and L gave her the pink rose.

"Pink rose ? What's the meaning ?" she asked curiously.

"Pink rose means...appreciation, this is kind of like my thank you to you for being my friend" L answered her honestly. Something flashed in her eye but was quickly replaced by happiness.

"Thanks, L oppa~" she smiled and smelled the roses.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was prom day and the two friends went together. IU wore a beautiful red dress while L wore a handsome tuxedo. L gave 2 roses to her. White and red. She than ask the same question as she ask everytime L gave her a rose.

"What's the meaning ?"

"Red one means beauty and white one means innocene and purity, you look very beautiful tonight, like an angel with beautiful white wings~"

'Red one also means love...' he thought but stayed quiet.IU blushed as L said those sweet words. L took the red rose and put the flower behind her ear. IU smiled and took the white rose before putting it in L's chest pocket. Suddenly, their favorite song, All About Us by He is We, comes on. L offered his hand to IU.

"May I have this dance, beautiful ?" IU smiled and took his offer.

L put his hands on IU's waist while she wrapped her arms around his neck. They look into each other's eyes and smiled while blushing slightly before moving slowly to the music.

~~~~~~~~~~

L sat in the cafe, waiting for his friend to come meet him. Today, again, he prepared a rose for her and it was red rosebuds.

IU came in and sat down across from L before receiving a rose. She asked the same question and she got her answer.

"Red rosebuds mean loveliness, I gave you this today because you are just so lovely and cute~" IU chuckled and said her thanks before they both ordered their drinks.