Chapter 2: Let the Game Begin

——

-sama: Used at the end of names for respected or important / noble people. i.e. Sir Lelouch, Master Lelouch, Lord Lelouch.

Oniisama: Romaji for ‘elder brother’

Himesama: Princess. i.e. Nunnally-himesama = Princess Nunnally. [I think it sounds cooler than using the Princess in front all the time. :) ]

Ousama: Prince.

——

Long Live Lelouch!

Code Geass

Chapter 2:  Let the Game Begin

Waking up in a comfortable king sized bed was the usual for someone like Lelouch. After all, he was a prince of Britannia and even when he stayed at the Ashford’s he was treated like the noble he is. However, this time he awoke in a slightly different and more regally decorated room. Not that being somewhere new fazed him much. One of Lelouch’s best points is his ability to apply real time strategies and adapt to change. What’s more is that he uses the change to his advantage. Lelouch, even to his elder siblings, was and always will be a formidable opponent. 

A gentle knock was heard on the dark wooden double doors of his new master bedroom. Knock. Knock. “Lelouch-sama,” the young maid spoke softly. “Come in.” was all he needed to command for the young brunette haired maid to open the doors and walk in. 

“Lelouch-sama, would you like to eat breakfast here or down stairs with Nunnally-himesama?” To Lelouch, such a question wasn’t even worth asking to anyone that new him and Nunnally. Although, after a moments thought he realised that everything would have to be said in plain terms for the servants of his new residence. “I will dine with Nunnally whenever I am free unless otherwise stated. After breakfast I would like to be shown around this residence.” Last night, Lelouch had promised Nunnally that he would join her during meals whenever he was free. However, Nunnally, still believing in a naive world of peace, was not aware that by Lelouch moving to this new residence would mean he was going to be busier than ever. 

The peaceful days at Ashford Academy will seem like a mere dream compared to those to come. “As you wish, your highness.” said the maid as she silently withdrew from the room. There was something about the servants of this place… always silently working unless intentionally making themselves known to their masters. Not that he had a problem with it, on the contrary, he valued the silence that let his own thoughts be heard as loudly in his head as if he was speaking them. 

More knocks were heard on the bedroom doors, “knock, knock, knock.” This time it was more than on servant behind the doors knocking for entry. “Enter.” Over the years, he had become accustomed to one word orders. Especially from the fact that he knew he could manipulate people… it was in his genes, coded into his DNA. Giving orders was apart of Lelouch and was something that came in use when he got his geass from C.C. 

As soon as his order was spoken, the doors were opened wide and along with two tall butlers clad in black followed four maids with their hands full of regally adorned garments. Perhaps it had been the events of yesterday or the surprisingly comfortable bed he slept in, but for once in his life, Lelouch hadn’t bothered to get out of bed yet. Sitting up, he watched the two butlers walk over to him and the four maids lay the garments on the white arm chairs near the windows and then draw open the blinds. The sun brought with it light and pain into the room. Light to the surroundings and pain to his eyes.