Chapter Three : Free

Friday Night

Friday Night

The clock hit 12 and their "father" left. Aphrodite watched as he smiled crookedly at her. 

"Ill see you when I get back."

And he didn't mean it like that , she knew what he meant. She sat on her bed. Waiting on Dawn to come and get her. They had told her not to leave her room untill they came and got her. 

Her dad slammed her door shut and she flinced back from all the fear that he had put into her. But she thought about it, my own father scares me, not in a disciplinary manner. But her father scared her to death. 

Dawn finally came and knocked on her door, he cracked it open.
"You dressed?"
He asked.

"Yes, are we ready?"

"Yeah, give me your bags. We gotta make it to the jungle before we can get to the bus station."

She handed him her Nike duffle bag and her drawstring Adidas carry
on with her toiletries in it. She put her book bag on her back with her shoes and chargers in it.

They walked towards the living room where Majesty was sitting on the arm of the chair with two duffle bags. Aphrodite assumed one was Dawn's and grabbed on her bags back.

Dawn looked at her and snatched it back. 
"I got it Aphro, y'all hungry?"

"Yeah, but we can get something on the way to the station. Lets get going ."

The exited to house and started their way to the jungle. The projects on the east side of New Jersey.

Their plan was the pick up the car and go, but Majesty's friend said he would drop them off. They all got in the car and made their way into another city. Where they finally reached the bus station after stopping to get something to eat.

They boarded the bus to Atlanta , they were on their way to a new life. 

          ○○○○ ○○○○ ○○○○ ○○○○ ○○○○

Princeton was sitting outside of the local casino or as some called it the game room. He sat in his grey Impala waiting for his next victim.

This dude had been oweing his money for a week now. He wasn't one of those niggas that waited months for their money.  He gave them only a week or a couple of days. Sometimes less than a minutes, hand me the money or hand over your life.

The man had offered his owndaughter instead of paying a simple 350. That made him sick, his own flesh and blood

He shook off his thoughts and waited for the man that looked to be in his late thirtys to early fourths. He was around 6'3, with bulit muscles. Like he could over power someone easily.

He finally came out and Princeton quickly rolled his window down and let 3 shots ring from his pistol and into the mans chest, shoulder, and one in his dome.

Princeton quickly rolled off, letting his boys know that the job was done and to clean up any mess or witnesses.

He drove down the street and back to the hood. For some reason he wanted to see that girl from that evening. She caught his eye for some reason. He just couldn't put his finger on it.

He rolled by her house, hoping to see her.

He didn't. He was disappointed but he didn't let that phase him, he then made his way back towards his house.

Then it hit him : they left

He shook his head and turned his music up some more and he rolled his window down before making a detour towards dads house.

After a while he pulled up to the mix of suburbs and the hood. He pulled into his dads driveway and hopped out.

He strecthed his long limbs out and headed towards the steps . He knocked, before walking straight in.

"Old man !"

"What young blood !"
His dad yelled from his man cave, Princeton heard other voices, his uncles.

"Aye! Aye! Aye!"
He said as he walked into the room.

"Wassup Nephew?!"
His Uncle Rodger said dapping him up.

Princeton took a seat.
"Wassup with you ?"
His dad questioned him.

"I must be tripping. Ok so today I was riding through the hood, you know Central Highs?"
His dad nodded.

" Ok so I see this dark skin shorty, thick-- you know. Short had black braces. She was cornrowing somebody's hair. I think maybe brother's, but she was cute to me. I'm tripping on gang. But they left, vanished, disappeared."

"You ain't tripping you just came to your senses. Tou need a strong black women to help you through your rough times. Cuz you been going crazy lately. And these snow bunnies-- nigga let me tell you! They only want your black ass  for your money."
His other uncle said. 

"But what you mean, they left ?"
His dad asked, confused about the whole situation.

"Their little brother was like they gotta go before Tyrone or somebody gets there and after their dad leaves. Shorty name is Ahprodite, she seemed real timid, nervous or something. Shit was mad off."

"Yeah I heard about her brothers--. They moving out to Atlanta, some shit wasn't right in that house. Her youngest brother, I think his name Majestically or some shit like that. But anyways he  friends with Corey."

Corey is Princeton's youngerbrother.

"And Corey said Majesty said something about Aphrodite and that's why they have to move. He didnt go into detail so I didnt push it. He seemed uncomfortable about the situation too."
His dad said, taking a pull from his blunt.

"What you hear about her brothers tho?"
Princeton pushed-- wanted to know more about the mysterious girl. She had him interested.

"Nosey ass."
His uncles mumbled at the same time.

"They have a connection with Big Dawg. Down in Atlanta, that's their mom's kin folk. Word on the street is that he got them set for a while. Someone else said something about him wanting their dad's head."

Princeton then started putting shit together in his head.

"What their dad look like?"
His asked pulling at his go-tee.

His dad showed him a picture.

"No need for Big Dawg to get his head. I popped him tonight, he gone."

"Word? "

"Yeah word to my motha'."

"Well then--"

"Yeah, Imma' see y'all later. I'm trying to get into something tonight."

Princeton dapped up his uncles and hugged his dad. He made his way out to his truck and pulled off.