01

The camera shutter starts flicking as the gate of the arrival hall was open. A guy wearing a black sunglasses walked out just giving small smiles towards the camera as he saw this coming even before he landed. The news of him coming back to the country after 2 years could already make the whole country shakes and go wild. Even more so when it was announced that he will be taking a break from the team because of some personal reasons that wasn't being explained to the media. That made everyone even more curious about what happened.

Singto walked without responding to the reporters just like how his managers told him to. He only smiled and gave them small nods when they meet eyes. He quickly strode to the black car that was parked in front of the exit and entered it with a heavy sigh. This is gonna be a long break, he thought. Slumping his butt on the car seat and lean to it lazily, Singto prayed to the heavens that the break would be better than what he imagined.

******

"Okay guys, we'll work on the passings again tomorrow. You can go.. Great work, boys." the coach said before dismissing the boys. The boys nodded and bit farewell to each other and the coach before walking away to the locker room as one by one of them strode out of the gym, hitting each other's head playfully.

"Krist.." Krist halted his steps and turns to the coach, pulling the straps of his backpack onto his right shoulder.

"Yes coach?"

"My son is coming home today. You want to join us for dinner?" the coach's hand pats his shoulder. He smiled at the invitation.

"Oh.. I would love too but I'm afraid I have to pass. I promised my grandma that I'll watch a movie with her tonight." he declined the offer in the nicest way possible. He knows this was a good opportunity for him to meet up with his coach's son whom he always heard about. But it wasnt the right timing. Too bad.

"Ohh.. Okay then. Have fun.." the coach tapped his shoulder with a light squeez. Krist nodded in respond.

"Thanks coach.. I will. Have fun with your son. Tell him I said, welcome back home." he said and they parted ways.

*******

Singto arrived at home and he was welcomed by a smell of delicious meal. He left all his bags in front to the door and walk straight to the kitchen where he found his mother with an apron, and a spatula in her hands.

"Maeeeee~~~" he sang and walked to his mother with a happy and cute voice. He hugged his mother and kissed her cheeks before proceeding to sit on the kitchen bar besides the stove.

"You're here.. Sorry I didn't get to pick you up at the airport." she said, smiling at her son.

"It's okay.. I don't want you to come either. I won't be able to find you if you did come. Besides, I wouldn't be able to have all this if you went to the airport." he said pointing to all the dish in front of him made by his mother.

"You're right." she said nodding her head agreeing to his words.

"Where's dad?" he asked, while stealing a carrot in a bowl his mother was holding. His mother hits his hands because it was too close to the stove and he replied by grinning.

"He's upstairs. Practice finished late so he just come back from work. He's washing up." she replied and Singto nodded while attempting to steal another piece of carrot when his mother wasn't looking.

"Singto!" his mother warned and Singto quickly hide his hands while bitting his lips like a naughty little 7 years old.

"Did I hear my son's voicee?" the voice made Singto looked up and he was met with his father's smiling face. His face lits up and he jumped from the kitchen top to go to his father.

"How's my son doing?" the old man pats Singto's back when the later hugged him.

"I'm fine, dad. I've been better but it's very nice to be home again." he replied, releasing the hug.

"Don't worry about it. It will only take about half a year and you're good to get back on your feet again." the smile on his father's face was sincere and it somehow makes him feel assured about his decisions.

"I hope so." he said, his eyes showed a hint of sadness.

"You'll be fine." another pat on his broad shoulder.

"I'm sure I will. But I feel sorry that I dissapoint you and mom." he said, looking down to his feet. His mom and dad looked at each other and his mom put down everything in her hands to approach both of them, pulling him into a tight embrace.

"You will never be a dissapointment to us. You've done so much to make us proud and one tiny mistake won't make us feel even a little bit dissapointed." his mother squeezes soothes his back to assure him that everything is okay. And just like magic, all his worries went away.

"You don't have to think about this too much, Sing. Just enjoy your rest time and then when you're ready, you can make a comeback again. But for now, leave all that fame and just be our son." his father's words make him feel so normal and human again. The past 2 years has been great and was the best years of his life until that one terrible incident that changes it all. He didn't want to think about it for now. It will eventually die down and whatever it is will come later, he will fix it. He's on a break. It's his healing time. He should just be himself now that he's home. He knows that. But he still needs his parents words to make him sure of his decisions and he was right. They did.

Please spare me 😭

Please spare me 😭