Cywren's last stand (Venturian)

"I'll go..." CYWREN decided, "I'll turn on the purifier..." she knew that she wouldn't make it through... But she had come this long, and her dad had sacrificed himself in this very room, and she intended to do the same. Sarah looked at her with deep concern.

"We don't have much time," she said, holding back tears, "I know you can do this!" there was no way Cywren would let anyone else sacrifice themselves, but everyone knows not to be a hero in an apocalypse, you always die, but everyone will remember your death, and Cywren was prepared for her death, and accepted it with pride. "Here I go..." she thought to herself, and Poet's little inventor stepped into the purifier room.

Immediately she could feel radiation sinking in her veins, "wait! what is the password!" she screamed, but no one could hear. "I can't die like this! But if I do... I should honor my mom's favorite Bible verse... Revelation 21:6. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely." She grew weaker, but then, it came to her. "Wait! 21:6!!! 216 is the password!" she crawled over to the machine, put in the passcode, and as it turned on, she fell to the ground.

Everything went white "Goodbye, I did what I... What I had to... I always knew it would end like this... Yet I feel like I've felt this sensation... One other time-" she mumbled, "Thank you, strange voice... For showing me... My-" everything faded, and Cywren smiled, a tear dripping down her cheek.