Chapter 12

Ava's POV
I woke up the next morning on the couch with Emery asleep in my arms. I checked the time, 9:30am. I didn't want to wake up Emery by getting up so I texted my mom to bring us some breakfast. I woke up Emery as soon as breakfast was ready. "How you feeling hun?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Ava, I.....don't know how to explain how I feel. Everyday I feel like something is sitting on my chest making it hard to breathe. Everyday I feel like I'm going to have an anxiety attack. Everyday I feel like I'm going to be sick. I don't know what to do. I've never felt so low in my life"

"Emery, I know exactly how you feel. Everyone goes through really tough times in their life but I just want you to know that no matter what, you are not alone. You will never ever be alone. Sometimes, I may not know exactly what to do to help you but just know that I'll never leave your side. Never." I gave him a hug.

"Can I go back to sleep in your room" he asks.

"Go ahead" and with that is left the room and went upstairs. I decided to take this time to call Emery's mom.

(EM = Emery's mom)

EM: Hello
A: Hi Mrs Kelly, I just called to talk to you about Emery
EM: Sure, is everything ok?
A: Things could be better.
I told her about what he had just told me.
EM: I knew it was a mistake to stop his therapy sessions. You know, I thought that since I'm all the way here in Oregon, I just thought that no one would be able to pay for it. I'll tell you what, I paid for his sessions monthly so every month, I'm going to send a check to you and I'm going to call and say that he's coming back.
A: That's a good idea Mrs Kelly, I think he really needs this right now.
EM: I should've never stopped the sessions in the first place. I just want to say thank you for always being there for him.
A: I'll do anything for him, Mrs Kelly. He means so much to me. I hate seeing him like this. Just know that I will never ever leave his side.
EM: Thank you Ava, well gotta go
A: Ok, bye
EM: Bye

After I ended the phone call, I went into the kitchen and told my mom what his mom said. A couple minutes later, I heard Emery calling my name. I went upstairs to my room and he was laying on my bed. "Yes, Em"

"My stomach hurts really bad, Ava" he tells me as tear roll down his face.

"Do you feel like you're going to be sick?"

"No it's pain, I don't know what it is! I've never felt this before"

"Where does it hurt, Em?"

"Right here" he points to the lower right side of his stomach. Appendix was the first thing I thought.

"Ow, it hurts Ava!!!!" He screams in pain.

"Emery, honey, just try to breathe ok" He nods and I yell for my mom. My mom came running in and pushed down where his appendix is and he screamed in agony.

"Yup it's definitely his appendix, we need to take him to the hospital"

Fear spread across Emery's face. He squeezes my hand.

"You're going to be ok, Em"

"I'm scared Ava"

"I know sweetie but it's all going to be fine"

I knew Emery was scared. He's never had to go through surgery before. I guess we'll have our date in the hospital tonight.

Never a dull moment with Emery, am I right? Anyways, I hope you're enjoying! xx