Chapter 3

I literally had to drag myself out of bed this morning. It's 8:30 am, my class starts at 9. I'm most definitely going to be late. I'm pretty much always on time, so my professor gonna let me slide. I wouldn't be so tired but, I was up all night...texting Karly.

I took my time grabbing my shower caddy and made my way to the bathroom. I let the shower warm up as I brushed my teeth and washed my face. After my 15 min shower, I stood in front of my closet looking for the right outfit to wear. I'm feeling lazy, but I still wanna be cute. I settled on a Tommy Hilfiger tee and some ripped jeans. Now... what hair am I feeling. I'm a wig fanatic, one day I could rock some pink, and the next, I'm a blonde.

I settled on wearing my natural hair, but I took my time to redefine some of the curls

I settled on wearing my natural hair, but I took my time to redefine some of the curls.. I'm doing a lot for someone who is running late. I move quick though, It's only 9:05.

DING

Karly🤤🌈🔥: Damn, I fell asleep on you shawty. My bad.

I smiled to myself. I replied letting her know it was okay and asking how she slept. I finished my hair in 10 min. I did some quick makeup and was out the door.

I walked in class at 9:25, It's lab day so I'm gonna be in here until 11. I don't understand why it has to be for so long but at least it's only 2 hours and not 4. Julissa saved me a seat next to her.

" I thought you weren't going to make it," she whispered

" Girl, me either. I'm tired as hell, "

She caught me up on what we were supposed to be doing and I quickly made up for lost time.

Once class got out, Julissa and I made our way to The Yard. The Yard is basically a big area in the middle of campus where everybody comes to chill in between classes, greeks stroll, and vendors try to sell their merchandise. Music was playing and everybody was just enjoying the sun.

" Yo, I'm tired of Taylor saying she's somewhere and she's not even here!" Julissa basically yelled

Julissa and Taylor have a funny relationship. They're always coming for each other but will kill for one another in a heartbeat.

" Julissa it's not that serious. I'm sure she's just on the other side of the yard. " I said trying to calm her down.

"Well she need to stop lying"

I rolled my eyes at her and sat on the bench behind us.

Karly🤤🌈🔥: You out on The Yard

Me: Yeah I'm out here by the fountain.

I locked my phone again and Taylor was walking up to us.

" I'm sick of you" Julissa said

" Girl, don't even start with me" Taylor said putting her hand up at Julissa.

I just shook my head at them and moved my bag over so Taylor could sit down. It was sunny outside and just the perfect temperature. Nice For What by Drake came on, and it just made the vibe feel so right.

"With your phone out, gotta hit them angles," I sang along to myself

"With your phone out, snappin' like you Fabo," a voice said behind me

I turned around and it was Karly.

" Wassup shawty," she said giving me a smile

My heart... cant.. take...it.

"What it do, " I said getting up to give her a hug.

It was a quick hug, nothing too serious, but the look on Lissa and Taylor was like it was the most serious thing in the world. I secretly flicked them off and gave my attention back to Karly.

"You done for the day?" she asked

"Nah, I got another class at 1" I answered while checking the time on my phone.

She nodded and looked me up and down.

"What you looking at yo?"

"Nun. You look good tho," she said smiling again

I quickly turned my head so she wouldn't see me smile as hard.

"Thanks," I said once I gained my composure back.

"You wanna go to Sonic's and grab some slushies after you get out, shawty?"

Taylor and Julissa's head shot over in our direction. Nosey ass hoes.

"She does, keep her put for as long as you want," Taylor said

Karly laughed and looked at me for my approval. I nodded before flicking them off again.

"I'll text you when I get out," I told her before leaving to head to my class.

It's only 12:30 but my class is literally on the other side of campus. So, in order to not die in this heat, I drive to class meaning I gotta leave early to go to the parking deck. Once I made my way over to the Business building, I parked and made my way inside.

Marketing 1200 was my favorite class so far this semester. I just love the whole concept of Marketing and the creativity behind it. Today in class we are focusing on making flyers for a made up business.

" So, anybody going to Pretty Nasty tonight?" This girl named Indy asked

Pretty Nasty is a party hosted by the Ques and the Kappas. It can be pretty lit but also reckless. Best believe every hoe is going to be in there trying to be the center of attention.

" Nah, I'm staying in" I spoke up

Everybody looked at me like I committed a crime.

" Girl, this is going to be the littest party of the semster," Reyanna said

I shrugged, " I just don't do parties. Especially not when the Ques are hosting."

Don't get me wrong I love the Ques, they just extra ass hell.

" That's crazy bout you, Koi"

My professor let us out early due to a meeting. I went to my car and texted Karly.

Me: I got out early. Where you at? I already have my car.

Karly🤤🌈🔥: I'm at Anderson.