The Adoptee

Hey Everyone!

So here's chapter 5! Please vote and leave comments, I would love to hear your feedback!

Thanks =)

Chapter 5

I picked up the towel and opened it. I placed it against my hips and realized that the towel was extremely long because it was touching the floor. I took the t-shirt off and wrapped the towel around my chest. Then, taking a safety pin from the inside of my soaked salwar kameez, I pinned the towel securely, just to be safe. Then, I took the t-shirt and put it on top of myself. Now it looked like I was wearing a white t-shirt with a white skirt. The towel was pretty thin to be a towel. Oh well, I thought to myself, atleast it did the job. Looking in the mirror, I was satisfied that the towel reached a little above my ankles, showing my silver anklet that I had gotten as a gift from Jamie last year. I shrugged my shoulders and picked up my wet clothes. Then, I slowly opened the door and stuck my head outside.

Lying on the bed with his eyes closed was Kade, with that smartass smirk on his face. I really wanted to wipe it off, and hit him on the head with the expensive night lamp that was next to his bed. I cleared my throat and he opened his eyes. I saw disappointment flash through them, and he quickly composed his facial features to look bored. Internally, I was doing a crazy victory dance. Leave it to me to kill somebody's mood. I smirked at him.

He looked at the wet clothes in my hands and looked up at me. "You're not planning on taking that into my car are you?"

"What, you want me to leave my clothes here?"

"Duh. I don't want my car getting wet."

"Jeez, what's the deal? I'll keep it in my lap so it wont get wet. Don't you have a plastic bag in this big hell hole of yours?"

"No, I don't. Whatever gets soiled or dirty, I usually throw it out or give it away." Wow, what a snob. I rolled my eyes at him. I knew that it was utter bullshit, that he didn't have any trash bags or anything in his house. He was just trying to make my life more miserable than it already was. I didn't want to argue any further.

"Well, I love my dress, and I am going to keep it. So, if we can go." He sighed loudly with frustration and walked out of his room. I followed behind. Once we were out into the garage, we got into the car. The rest of the car ride was extremely silent, as I kept to myself, basically staring out the window and committing whatever I could to memory. Wow, his house was definitely in some random isolated place. When we were closer to my house I turned to him and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Do you have your cell phone?"

"Yes, why?"

"So I can call my boyfriend."

"WHAT?" he slammed the brakes of the car a street away from my house.

"Just kidding. I need to call my sister. If my parents see me like this I will be in ultra trouble."

His face went from angry back to still again, then he turned to look at me dead in the eyes. "So, you're not afraid of getting in trouble with me, but you're afraid of getting in trouble with your parents huh?"

"Yeah, what the hell are you going to do to me? Kill me?"

I saw shock and anger cross his eyes. Then his face turned into an emotionless mask. "Actually, worse."

"What's worse than dying?"

"Living in hell."

"Which I already am, so give me your cell phone I have to call Eesha didi."

He pulled out his phone and gave it to me. I quickly punched in the numbers to call Eesha. Just to make things less complicated, I spoke in Hindi.

"Di?"