The beginning

In the town of Cabugao in Ilocos Sur, there lived a boy named Danny Santos. He isn't the type of guy you would go gung-ho with but, he is quite average. He is a little bit tall with an average bodybuild from playing sports. He has dark brown eyes and light tanned complexion. He has short hair that resembles with that of a renowned player from Portugal. He isn't a total genius but ranks highly in their class ocassionally. He is a strong willed person and he won't stop at nothing when he starts focusing his mind into it.

'Danny? Daaannnyyyy? DAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!! Wake up and get your lazy ass down here! She's already here!' his mother shouted, waking up Danny in the process.

'What is it mom? I meant, who is it? Geez, you're making such ruckus so early in the morning. Please tone down a bit mom.' said Danny as he was scratching his eyes.

As Danny walked down the stairs and into their living room, he saw a beautiful young girl. The girl had a long black hair, it was curly at the end. She had a fair complexion that complements her thin but tall physique. She had brown eyes, and lips that are as red as the cherries. She was wearing a black tube outfit with a pink cardigan on top. Danny looked flustered after staring for quite a moment at her.

'What's the matter with you? Where are your manners? You are being rude at our guest. Sorry about my son, Anica.' Mrs. Santos apologetically told the guest.

'Oh no, auntie! It's ok. He must have been shocked upon seeing me for the first time. So, you must be Danny, huh? You seem ok. Hi, I'm Anica! Nice to meet you!' she told Danny cheerfully as she introduced herself by extending her hand for a handshake.

'What do you mean by I seem ok? Is that an insult? Why this bitch, picking up a fight with someone you just met, aren't you?' was what going through Danny's mind. 'Nice to meet you too! I'm Danny.' said Danny as he tried his best to put on his fake smile while extending his arm to shake hands with Anica.

Anica bursted into laughter. 'Hahahahaha! What is with that expression? Are you constipated or something? You know you can opt to go to the bathroom first if you need it badly. Hahahaha!' told Anica as she was trying to hold back her emotions but couldn't contain them properly.

'Bitch. You want me to rip off that smile from your face? Better stop laughing now or I might punch you in the face.' he said in his mind while trying to pose as if being embarassed.

'As you can see here Danny, Anica will be spending her summer vacation here and she's going to live in our house. She is about the same age as you, so please get along. Well, now that you're acquainted with each other, why don't you show Anica around town and the city Danny?' his mom ordered.

'What? Why? I didn't know about this arrangement! I am unaware of this besides, the summer vacation had just begun! Why can't I just rest here? Why do I need to be stuck with her being a tourist guide of some sort? She can go by herself. She's already old enough to wander by herself and not get lost!' Danny exclaimed with an irritated voice.

'Now Danny, that is not how you treat a girl right. Anica doesn't know her way around here, she might really get lost.' his mother tried to convince Danny while the latter was turning his back to go back to his room.

'It's ok, auntie. You don't have to persuade him to come. It's not as populated as Metro Manila here, isn't it? Also, there are not so many roads around here so I guess I might not get really lost. I'll be fine Mrs. Santos. You don't have to worry.' assured Anica to Danny's worrying mother.

'I guess you can go if you want to Anica. I'm so sorry for the way Danny acted earlier. Be safe on your way. Don't go wandering far away so that you'll be back by dinnertime, ok? Then off you go Anica.' Danny's mother told Anica as the latter was about to leave.

'Yes Mrs. Santos. I'll be back before the sun goes down. I'll just take a walk around town then. See you later!' exclaimed Anica as she waved goodbye and departed the household.

Meanwhile, in Danny's room;

'What the hell is she saying? Judging me from my looks. I'm better than ok! Also, what's with that attitude of hers? Laughing at the little things that happened. Does she have a few screws loose? Though I admit, she's really pretty. Yup, definitely a babe.' Danny told to himself as he tried to imagine the girl he just met.

'What am I thinking? I shouldn't be thinking about that rude, loud-mouthed bitch! I should be thinking of ways on how to get closer to Chiara! Unlike Anica, she's so conservative, sweet, caring, and really nice. How can I become close to her?' Danny wondered more on his lifelong dream of being close to his longtime crush, Chiara Reyes.

Without noticing, the time flew by quickly and Danny had fallen asleep. It was evening already, when Danny heard a sudden knock on his door. He snapped out of his beautiful dream and went for the door.

'Who is it? What do you need? Please don't disturb me while I am sleeping. Thank you.' said Danny in his sleepy and lazy voice as he dragged his feet towards the door.

'It's me! Your mother! It's already evening and Anica hasn't come back yet! What should we do? Danny search for her!' his mother pleaded Danny worrying about Anica being not at home yet.

'Why always me? Alright. I'll try to find her. Please call me if ever she comes back home before I get to find her. I'm going mom. See you later.' said Danny as he prepared to leave to find their missing guest.

What has happened to Anica?