Chapter III: My past becomes my future.

My mother.

My mother. This woman on the drawing was my mother and Clarke was my sister.
No words came out of my mouth, no sound, not even a thought passed through my head. I closed my eyes and breathed in and out. In and out. I used to do this on the ship when something bad happened; when the captain died, all I could do is sit in the corner of my small room, close my eyes and breathe. For a 5 year old this was a lot to bare but I managed, so whenever I felt the same way, I repeated this method.
When my eyes first locked onto Clarke's today in the forest, I knew it. But now she had confirmed this and that I also have a mother. For 26 years we had been separated, now we are finally together. The only question I had for my sister was, why did our mother send me away? Why wasn't I raised on the ark as she was? She took my hand a clutch it tightly, we were inseparable from this point onward I wouldn't let anything happen to her. Today was a roller coaster of emotions for both me and her. My first day on Earth and I have never felt so many feelings pass through my heart and soul. The fire was still glowing and Madi was sleeping softly. Such a beautiful child she is. I needed to ask Clarke my questions. I had to know the truth.

"Clarke, I'm so happy I have found my family, you don't have any idea how many days upon months upon years I have dreamed of finding you" I wiped my tears and continued "You are so beautiful and kind and brave. You are more than I could have imagined in space"

By this point I was about to ask her and a wave of emotions came over me, I cried heavily and spat out my question I so desperately needed the answer to:

"But why was I sent to the prisoner ship? I grew up thinking I was unwanted, punished? I hated myself for a long time. It was so horrible there. Why did she do it? Tell me please"

I held both her hands. She too teared up and tucked my hair behind my ear. I didn't want to sound angry or ungrateful, but for once I needed the truth and nothing else.

"I'm so sorry for what you had to go through Lara, I didn't even know I had a sister. You're so strong for surviving. Seeing your face; your eyes, it gives me hope. Mom loves you, I don't doubt it, that is why she sent you away I'm guessing. So you could live, so she could live too. On the ark there was a law, that every couple could only produce 1 child. If not they get floated and the child imprisoned. She sent you away to save you."

Save me, I thought. I didn't know how to feel. She sent me away so I could live aboard a prisoner ship alone, afraid and suffer, how would she ever see me again? But then again I have to be happy that this is all passed us now. We can start a new beginning. All I could do was show a smile to mask the pain I felt burning within me...

"Okay, that's enough crying for today. You need to rest. I'll be on first watch until sunrise" She said standing up and smile at me.

She began to walk out the tunnel, she picked up my gun on her way out.

"Wait, Clarke." I said standing up and running towards her.

I gave her a hug, a long hug. I had dreamed about this moment, everything was still and beautiful. If my soul needed to hate, it would be towards Abigail Griffin but not towards her, this person in my arms; my other half, my sister. She is innocent.

"I love you Lara

"I love you Lara." She whispered in my ear.

I closed my eyes and said in my head, my past will no longer dictate my future. I put my mouth toward her ear and whispered back:

"I love you too sister, I always have and I always will."