3. Prisoners Shop - 4- O- 9

Waking up the next day was harsh, my eyes hung heavily, my nose felt stuffed and it felt like I was sinking into my bed. I couldn't miss today though, it was the last day of Trevor's therapy, and I'd at least like to tell him goodbye.

I groggily sit up, the sun desperately trying to peer through my thick brown curtains. Grabbing my phone from the dresser, I groan loudly as I notice the time.

I was already five minutes late.

I got ready as fast I could despite the way I was feeling but every minute I sat awake felt like it only made things worse. I didn't have time to grab breakfast so I just took a banana from my basket and left.

#

"I'm late again," I sneeze, rubbing my nose with a tissue, as I walk up to the table, "I am so sorry."

Trevor looked amused as he sat his head tilted, "are we coming down with something?"

"We?" I raise an eyebrow as I sit.

"No I am coming down with the cold," I sigh as the guard leaves, no yelling this time, "I didn't realize that it would rain so much last night."

"Where were you?"

I pause for a moment, locking eyes with Trevor before slapping my thighs.

"You're not coming in."

"Please, I left my textbook in there, I'll leave as soon as I get it."

I stood outside in pouring rain banging on Dain's door.

"Why are you so dumb? Don't you need it to study?" He was drunk again.

"Dain just—"

"Don't tell me what to do!"

"Just took a walk, the rain caught up with me," Trevor obviously didn't believe me, but he nods, eyeing the paper in my hand.

"So," I plaster on an enthusiastic smile, "you're going to be free tomorrow, after how long?"

"Five years," he replies.

"Well, let's just freestyle today since it'll be your last day. Your sentence was shorter."

"Awesome," he nods in agreement, excitedly sitting up in his seat"let's learn about you then,"

"Me?"

"Sure, how old are you?"

"Uh- okay, I'm twenty-three."

"What's your favorite food?"

"Eggs and ketchup."

"I think you should leave," he mutters solemnly and I snort, dabbing my nose once again with the tissue.

"What?"

"You like ketchup on your eggs?"

"It's the best thing ever."

"I think we're on the wrong sides, you should be the one in prison."

"Haha, Trevor, you're so funny," I say blandly and he grins, "okay so then, what's your favorite food?"

"I thought I told you before, chocolate."

Trevor rolls his lips into his mouth, his eyes droopy.

"You not as slick as you think you are," I joke, although my cheeks were burning from me holding them back.

"It's all good," he chuckles, "you know what I mean and that's all that matters."

"Next question, Mr. Vatore," Trevor was getting flirty, and although there was nothing necessarily wrong with that, the last thing I needed was him putting any more inappropriate thoughts into my head.