The news

I woke up, it just seemed like a ordinary day. The birds were chirping, and the sun was high in the sky, plus it was summer so she could hang out with Steven all day.
"Connie we need you down here." Yelled my mother.
I headed down stairs toward our musky brown living room. I sat down on the couch still in my pajamas, ready to hear my parents nagging again.
"Connie, your father and I have some big news we need to tell you." My mother said excitedly .
Well at least she wasn't mad at me this time."
My mother and father starred at each other for a few minutes. The excited look my mother once had replaced with worry and doubt.
"Your mother was such a great doctor that, her boss gave her a new job at the best hospital in the world." My father said
"Congratulations mom!" I cheered happily
"Though there's a catch." My mother said
"What is it?" I asked
"To have my new job we need to move all the way across the country." My mother replied
I fell silent. Moving again? Finally I felt like I belonged somewhere and had friends and now it was time to leave. How could I ever leave Steven?
"Mom I..." I stuttered. I started to cry.
"Oh Connie, it's going to be ok." My mother said trying to cheer me up.
"But I'll miss School, and beach city, and most of all Steven." I cried

In Connie's room
Tears ran down my face rapidly as I changed into some decent clothes. I sat on my bed and grabbed a picture of Steven and I off my bed stand. More tears started roll down my face. I though that for once we could just stay somewhere forever. For once I could have friends. For once I could feel comfortable and break out of my shell. Just then I remembered the first time Steven and I met. The way he stumbled when he introduced himself. But most of all he wanted to be my friend and that meant the world to me. He was the first person to actually care about me. Now he was going to be gone from my life forever.
Just then I heard the squeaky door to my bed room open. It was mom. Quickly I dried my eyes and put on a smile.
"Hey Connie, how is it going?" Asked mom In an  obviously sweet voice.
"Uh it's going ok why are you in here?" I replied.
"I wanted to tell you that you should probably tell Steven that your moving and to start packing." Mom said
"Ok mom, I'll tell Steven right now then starting packing my room." I said
"Ok." My mother replied then left the room not closing the door behind her."