Chapter 6: Regret

If only I had just one day
I want to peacefully fall asleep- Just One Day

  • • • 

You leisurely opened your eyes, completely unaware of yesterday's night call. You got out of the bed and commenced stretching, recalling your grandmother saying how stretching is the best after-sleep exercise to loosen and re-align your muscles, letting your body know that it's a time to get a move on for the day. 

You tried touching your toes, but failed.

Walking over to the nightstand,  you grabbed your phone to check if you had received any messages. 

Nope. Nothing.

Not a single message. Even from Taehyung. It was kinda unusual for you to stare at your phone without any notifications. It normally pops out every few seconds. 

Then, you remembered yesterday's phone call.

Oh shit...

Is he hating on me now?

You suddenly regret what you have done to your best friend. An unsteady feeling lingers in your brain, kinda making you wanna vomit all over the place. 

You did it Y/N. You broke your friend's heart. Now he will probably avoid you. Disown you. His life will be drained in sadness. You stupid whore. What an ignorant ass you are. You don't even think twice before spitting out anything from your disgusting mouth. 

Groaning in frustration, you hover your fingers over the dial pads on your shitty phone. After lots of consideration, you shake your head and turn your cell phone off without calling anyone. Of course, you wanted to apologize and revive friendships. 

But you realized that words can only be forgiven, not forgotten.

It's difficult to admit how ignorant you were to your best friend. Always disregarding his words, being self-assertive... 

Yesterday, he was different. He was being authentic for once. The way he spoke. The way he worded each of his statements; it sounded genuine. But you took his words like a joke.

"Ugh!" you kicked your bed in irritation. You know that fighting yourself would not lead to any solution.   

Brr Brr

Your phone started to vibrate insanely. You don't know how or why, but you could tell that you needed to answer this phone call. It sounded urgent.

"Hello?" with a cavernous unease buried in your chest, you answered the call. "Who is this?"

"Y/N..." the voice belonged to an old lady. You could sense that she was crying. 

"Who... wait, Taehyung's grandmother?" no wonder the voice sounded familiar.

Why is she crying? Did something happen to Taehyung?

"Honey... Something happened," she replied, her voice quivering in distress.

"Come now. It's urgent."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How's it been ARMYs? Long time no see... 

Yes, I was busy, but I also have to admit that I was out of motivation. I also want to apologize for updating with a short-ass chapter. I honestly wanted to write more, but I wanted this chapter to end in a cliffhanger.

Forgive my sins

Love you