Chapter 1: And They Meet

"Wake up Ad!" A blonde, 5 year old named Jax yelled in his older sisters ear. "You are going to make us late for our first day of school!!!" Adeline woke up quickly and ran to the bathroom. She looked into the mirror to see her hair in a mess. Adeline had Ocean blue eyes, short Arburn hair, a button nose, and beautiful freckles. The 8 year old thought her freckles were ugly and hated them. She had always hated them. She took a shower and got dressed. Adeline ran downstairs to see her mother making eggs and toast. "Hello sweetheart. Here is your breakfast." Her mother had a heart of gold. Adeline's mother was her inspiration and wanted to be just like her. She had a wonderful smile and smelled amazing all of the time. "Thank you momma. Breakfast smells amazing!" Adeline finished her breakfast and got in her mother's car with her brother. They drove to the school and walked out of the car. Right when Adeline was about to close the door her mother said something she would say everyday before they left, and I was "Be kind to everyone!" Adeline smiled every time she heard those words. She waved goodbye to her brother and walked to her new classroom. She entered seeing kids running around laughing and searching for their new seats. Adeline was determined to make friends this year and show everybody that she was not that quiet girl that didn't have any friends. She had been at that school since kindergarden and always had a hard time with friends. Adeline walked over to her new desk to see a skinny boy with dirty blonde hair and adorable dimples. Her name tag had been written in red on desk right next to his. On In the desk it had said "Connor". He looked up to her and smiled. She sat down and waited for the teacher to start talking. Connor looked at Adeline and said, "Hi! I'm Connor! What is your name?" His voice was squeaky and high. Connor made Adeline comfortable anywhere and from then they did projects and played at recess from then on. They would play with their pencils as if they were rocketships and would tell each other cheesy jokes that made them laugh their butts off. They became best friends. Until Connor started playing with the other boys. Adeline didn't do anything else during recess. They would still play with each other during class, but drifted away from each other.