Chapter 1

Chapter one

Starting at my new school Easton High was a bit scary to start off with. With all the new people, teachers and classes it was almost unbearable. However I got through it.

It was now lunch time. I had never fared well at breaks and intervals because of the bullying. I didn’t really have any friends either. So thats why I am now scanning the cafeteria for someone I actually knew. I finally spot some of my old friends who had started there with me. I slowly walk over and finally stand in front of their table.

“Can I sit with you guys” I ask shyly.

“No go away Christa! Why are even here anyway? Go die in a hole you little piece of shit! Why were we friends in the first place is beyond me,” one girl says as she pushes me to the ground.

I sit there looking up at them, I try to stop my face from showing my emotions but I couldn’t help it. I quickly get up and run off. Their laughter echoing in my head as I run away. I run and run until I get to the girl’s bathroom. Trying not to let anyone see that I am crying. Apparently I did not achieve.

A boy grabs my wrist. “Hey are you okay?”

I looked at him for a bit then yank my wrist from his grasp. I open the door and run in, closing the the stall door behind me. I sit down on the toilet and start to sob. I looked down at my shaking hands and arms. I gasp as I notice the bruises and sores from the concrete. I start to sob again until I hear someone open the girls bathroom door.

“Are you okay?”

Crap it was the guy from earlier. I bet he could hear me crying my eyes out!

“No, go away. You don’t want to be in here, people will talk.” I call out.

“I don’t care what people think!” he says.

“Well you should, being near me is social suicide.”

“I don’t think that. So hi umm my name is Joseph. I saw you crying outside and then you ran in here. So what happened??

I stopped crying *sniff sniff * “It’s just.... nothing.”

“Something must had happened! You've been crying! Come out and tell me what’s wrong. I hate it when girls cry it makes me feel bad!”

“It’s not your fault so don’t feel bad.”

“I’ll feel bad until you open the door.”

I sigh and reach my hand out. I quickly open the door and see him standing there. He was wearing a school t-shirt, half unbuttoned and some dark pants. His brown short hair and green eyes glisten. He was so gorgeous so I creep out of the stall and stand up. He walks toward me and wipes my tears away with his hand.

“Do you have a name beautiful?” he asks with a soft voice.

“Ok...umm my name Is Christa... Christa Black.”

“Thats a pretty name, just like you. Mine is Joseph Waters.”

“Um…. thanks. I like your name too.” I smile

He smiles back, his green eyes twinkling. I watch as his eyes then look me up and down. They come to rest at my arms. The bruises and sores throbbed as he ran his fingers over them carefully. I went quiet and turned my head.

“Oh I’m sorry, do they hurt? Lets change the subject. What do you have next?” Joseph asks trying to change the subject

“Um.. maths. Hey you do know you’re still in the girls bathroom though right?” I question with a confused smile.