Chapter 1: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

6 Months Before
OLIVIAS POV

It's the night before the first day of year 10, I have no idea how it's going to go, I'm scared. I stay up late thinking about how tomorrow will go, stressing about the fact that this year determines how the rest of my life will turn out.

The next day

I wake to the sound of my mother banging on my door. Somehow, I managed to sleep through my alarm. I check the time, "Shit." I mutter. What a great way to start the day, I have 10 minutes to get to school, I'm going to be sooo late. I quickly chuck on a dark red singlet, paired with some denim jeans and run my fingers through my hair so I at least look presentable for school.

I run into form with 2 minutes to spare, damn that was close. Suddenly I'm falling face first, I get up and slowly make my way to an empty seat. I can hear the evil laughs of Ashley and her minions Victoria and Tara. In the corner of my eye I can see him, the guy I've had a crush on since kindy, Alexander Ashford. He's fake laughing, and for a second, I think He might actually care about me. That'll never happen you idiot. I find a seat at the back of the class and I can feel everyone's eyes on me, it's making me feel claustrophobic. Finally, the siren goes and the next thing I know I'm sprinting out of there.

I check my time table to find out what class I have, I have science. I find my way to the science room. As I walk in I notice Alexander at the back of the class, shit, why does he have to be in my class. Just when I think it can't get any worse, Ashely and her minions shove me out of the way and sit next to Alex. As I'm walking to the back of the class I see Ashley all over Alex, it makes my stomach boil with jealousy. I take a seat just as the teacher walks in, I notice he's new.

"Hello class, my name's Mr Smith. I will be your new science teacher this year." He says.

"What school did you use to teach at?"

"Are you married?"

"What's your first name?"

"What are we learning this semester?"

The whole room burst out with questions. Can you guys shut up, your giving me a f***king headache! of course I don't say this out loud, that would be social suicide.

"Ok, ok class quiet down, this isn't 20 questions, we have work to do." Mr Smith says trying to stop all the chatter.

Finally, the class quiets down and the teacher explains what work we have to do this lesson. I turn to page 43 in my work book and start on the questions. After about 15 minutes of silent working I feel a thump on the back of my head, I turn around to find a ball of paper on the ground. I pick it up and un-scrunch it, written in bold black writing is, you're an ugly fat piece of shit. It's only the first day of school and they're already saying shit about me. I look behind me and see Ashley trying her hardest not to laugh, why does she have to be such a b***h to me. The next thing I know I'm ditching the paper at her perfect little face. Somehow, I don't get away with it and Mr Smith catches me mid throw.

"Miss Miles, principal's office now." Great first day of school and I'm already being sent to the principal's office.

I grab my books and head towards the door. When I walk into the principal's office I can already tell he's disappointed in me.

" I can explain, it wasn't me. Well, I did throw the piece of paper, but Ashley through it first." I try to explain.

"I am very disappointed in you Olivia." Mr Carter sighs. "I'll send you back to class if you promise it won't happen again."