🖇 116

Breathing Blues 116
Hints
What if those hints were right? What if those hints were all a lie?

Azure's POV

It was four in the afternoon; I was sitting on the sand, looking at the sea, waiting for her to arrive. I enjoyed watching the small waves of the sea as they danced; its crashing sound as it hit the sand and the shore. The smell of the beach waft up my nose. It was a medicinal smell, with a match of coconut scent.

Sarcasm, that girl, is right. She once said to her confession that when you lack inspiration to do something or wants to relax, go observe the surroundings and appreciate the nature. And indeed, it helped. When I heard that confession, it actually gave me chills. Not only because of our teacher's tone, but because I felt her sincerity and concern. She didn't even mind to write that long confession.

Now that I am not nervous to face her, bumalik na ako sa tent na sinet up namin kanina. To my surprise, wala pa sila. Wala pa siya. It's almost two hours!

Kalahati sa mga lalaki ang nauna dito sa resort para mag-set up ng tent at iba pang mga gamit. Mabuti na lang at hindi na namin kailangan pang mag-check in. Pina-reserve na kasi ng mga class officers days ago. Like how it was planned, all girls went to the supermarket and five boys followed them to help. Knowing our class president, she's organized. And we're lucky for that.

Umupo ako sa tabi ni Zandrake na kasalukuyang gumagamit ng cellphone. This guy doesn't take off his eyes from his cellphone since we finished setting up the tent.

"Waiting for her?" tanong niya. Nakatuon pa din ang pansin sa phone, nagta-type.

"Oo. Ang tagal." reklamo ko.

I am getting nervous as time pass by. I don't even know how to start a conversation with her later.

"Patience, Azure." he laughed. "Humanap ka ng tamang timing para makipag-usap sa kanya." dagdag niya.

"Yeah. Lagpas one week na nga niya akong iniiwasan."

I don't have any idea why she ignored me for the past week. That's why today, I won't waste the chance to talk to her. She can ignore me through social media but in person, I won't let her.

"Kaya wag mong biglain." sabi niya.

I nodded. Hindi ko naman 'yon gagawin.

I still need to confirm if I were right.

I was supposed to go back to our room but my classmates gone crazy when others arrived. "Nandyan na sila!" excited na sigaw nila.

Agad akong napalingon sa tumigil na van. Lalapit sana ako doon pero naalala kong hindi pwede. Hindi pwede dahil kakarating niya lang. Hindi pwede dahil mabibigla siya.

Damn. I can't go near her. I waited for more than a week and right now, I only have to wait a little more. Right timing, Azure. Perfect timing, even.

August run at us. "Nandyan na!" his eyes shining as he grinned.

"Nandyan na yung mga pagkain!" excited niyang sabi at sinalubong sila.

Lumapit siya kay Jo Anie na may bitbit na eco bag. Hindi nakatakas sa amin ang pamumula ng pisngi at ang ngiti ni Jo Anie. Pero hindi rin 'yun nagtagal dahil kinuha lang ni August 'yung pinabili niyang marshmallows at iniwan siyang nakasimangot.

"Hayop ka, Agosto!" sigaw ni Jo Anie nang tumakbo pabalik dito si August.

Humalakhak kaming mga nakakita at nakarinig sa kanila. Gago talaga! Pa-kunwari lang naman 'yun. Gusto niya lang talagang asarin si Jo Anie.