Rainbows

It was just a sunny afternoon, where the weather couldn't be friendlier for some people were having grand plans. The same goes to Veranda and her fellow school dance club members.

Five people were gathered in a small, cozy living room which belonged to Melody, the leader of the group.

"So what are we going to perform later?" asked Melody. "The first day of school is near, and I don't want us to disappoint any of our seniors since they did a good job last year."

Every year, there's a special day for the clubs to invite new members. This year the school decided to hold it just a week after the first day of school, and the clubs are given 15 minutes to show what they have. There would be pamphlets and stands too, for new students to join the club.

The five then held a discussion about what they would do. Opinions popped here and there. It was all fun until they realized that they had been talking for hours.

"Guess what," said one of the members, Beby.

"What?" asked Kinal, the vice leader.

"Dinner?" followed Shania, her head on Kinal's shoulder.

"No. My dad's on the way here," answered Beby. The girls sighed in unison, including Veranda who was watching a dance performance from her phone. Beby smiled cheekily, and then began packing back her stuffs.

"Let's call it a day then," said Melody. She took her laptop from the table in front of her. "I am already sleepy too anyway."

The leader walked away, yawning. A small yet coherent grumble somehow followed, "Oldie."

Melody looked back to her friends and opened her eyes wide with rage. "Who said that!?"

The younger girls laughed watching their big mommy angry. Beby answered, "Sure you know!"

"Kinal!"

---

It was already 8 PM. Beby had gone earlier, and now Shania is outside with Melody, going to go home. That leaves Kinal and Veranda alone in the living room.

Veranda could hear her heart's palpitations. She had always liked Kinal, with her funny jokes yet mature personality. People would always ask her who's her crush, but of course no one would believe who's currently on her mind.

Kinal was just playing her phone, sitting right across Veranda on a long sofa. Different from how she usually is, her face looks much calmer and that made Veranda bit her lip.

"Kinal," called Veranda. She almost hesitated to call the girl. Act normal, she thought.

"Yes?"

"Can I put my head on your lap?"

Kinal looked in confusion, "Sure."

Veranda went to Kinal, and then lay her body on the sofa. She put her head on Kinal's lap, and looked at Kinal in awe.

Kinal however, stayed focused on her phone.

Veranda pouted. She played with the girl's hair, touching and curling it. It's so soft, she thought. Too bad Kinal didn't move an inch.

"Kinal," called Veranda playfully.

"Yes, Ve?" Kinal looked at Veranda. Her brown eyes looked mesmerizing, and Veranda couldn't stand them.

"Nothing," answered Veranda. She took Kinal's hand and covered her own eyes shyly.

Kinal laughed a little before she continued playing with her phone with her other hand. "Why are you acting like this, princess. Why are you acting so cute."

Hearing that, Veranda just covered her face with Kinal's hand which was already on her eyes. Curious, Kinal tried to take her hand but was held by Veranda.

"Hey, let me go~" said Kinal. Veranda shaked her head.

Knowing she's a lot stronger than her friend, Kinal took her hand with just a little force. She then saw a flustered Veranda looking at her.

"Oh my god, Ve," Kinal just smiled. She patted Veranda's cheek. "You're so cute, you know." Then she proceed to stroke the girl's head, still looking at her phone.

Deep inside, Veranda cursed her lucky self.

Flutter flutter, the two somehow got into a conversation. Kinal stopped stroking Veranda's hair after a few minutes, yet it went to a hand holding competition. The touches kept going, and the talks were soft and fresh.

Coming back from the gate of her own house, Melody just sighed watching those two.

"Rainbows."