one.

I pant and huff, trying to catch my breath. Chasing after a speeding car isn't exactly my type of workout. Well actually I don't work out, seeing as my high metabolism keeps my extremely skinny, which I hate.

As soon as I am able to function normally, which means breathing at a steady rate, I plop down on the grass. Here I am sitting on the side of a highway, hoping to catch a ride with a complete stranger. The dangers of this are overwhelming.

Another car passes by, flying past me probably going 20 over the limit. My eyes feel heavy, trying to pull me into a sleep induced state.

"I will try again later." Shifting, I lay my head down on my rather hard bag and pretend the grass is a warm, soft bed.

-

"Wait!" I yell, pushing myself to catch up with the car. After my needed nap I hustle to get a ride, but fail as all four cars pass me with extremely fast speeds.

"God damn it." My breath must smell. I haven't brushed my teeth for a while now.

An old, red car pulls up slowly and the window rolls down. A male, wearing glasses, smiles at me.

"Need a ride?"

-

"So what's your name honey?" Okay. Maybe I should have waited for a different ride. I know I am desperate, but not this much.

"N-nirvana."

"Am I making you nervous, Nirvana?" He rolls my name off of his tongue. His hand rests on my thigh, rubbing it. 'Of course you are making me nervous you are probably a 60 year old man hitting on a teenager.'

We pull up at a small gas station.

"Bye!" I squeak and run out of that awful mans car. My bag swings over my shoulder and you could consider me the next Olympic track star, considering how fast I am going.

I slow down to catch my breath. The gas station is long out of sight. Once again, I try to stop a passing car.

"Hi." I jump.

"Um, I saw you run out of that car, just wanted to make sure everything was okay. The man cursed when you left, was he someone important to you?" Who is this boy?

"No he was of no importance. Just some old guy I got a ride with, but boy did I make a mistake there." He looks at me wide eyed, like I had just told him that I murder someone.

"Woah, what happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it, nosy nelly." He laughs, his nose scrunching up.

"So miss, what is a beauty like you doing out here?"

"Save the flirting for someone else. I just had enough of it." Once again laughter.

"Hey now, who said I was flirting. I may have just been giving a pretty lady a compliment she highly deserved. But seriously, what are you doing out here?"

"Ran away, how bout you?"

"Quit college without my parents consent to pursue my music career."

"Oh." He nods and I nod.

"Yeah. Listen, now that we have had this lovely chat, I feel like I trust you enough to offer you a ride to wherever you need to go. Anywhere in particular? "

"Anywhere actually. Nothing specific."

"Looks like your with me then." He smiles and takes off his dark glass revealing ocean blue orbs. Underneath his beanie blonde curls hide away.

"It's Niall by the way, my name I mean."

"Nirvana."

"Woah like the band?"

"Oh shut up, 'Niall'.

"Your'e literally named after one of my favorite bands! That's sick!"

"Please stop." I suppress a tear. 

"Woah, I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

"Just a little broken, that's all."

"It would be my honor to glue the cracks together, if possible." 

"You can try Niall. That's all you can do. No promises."

He nods.

"No promises."