Unravelling the past.

Mira was a young, pretty Korean girl that had just turned two. She was going to go to china, to experience the life there, rather than Korea, her home. Her parents wanted to give her a better surrounding, and also wanted her to have some Chinese tradition, and also become bilingual. Mira and Luhan first met each other when they were on the plane, flying from Korea, back to China. Mira's eomma decided to go to China, to find her husband, who was living ad working in Beijing. Luhan and his parents were coming back home, from a summer vacation. They sat next to each other on the aero plane, and their parents also chatted with each other. After sharing their stories together, they realized that they didn't live far from each other, in Beijing, in fact, that they lived opposite each other's apartment, so it only took a few steps to walk to each other's house. At that time, Luhan and Mira were only two, and they started to play with each other happily. Each and every day, they would go to the nearby park to play, and sometimes Luhan would invite Mira to his house for sleepovers, and sometimes Luhan would be invited back to have dinner with Mira's family. Their bond was so close that they treated each other like real siblings. When it was time to enroll their kids into school, Luhan's and Mira's parents enrolled them into the same school, since their relationship was so close. Everyday after school, Mira and Luhan would help each other with homework, and often went to pat their neighbors' dogs. When Luhan and Mira started middle school and high school, Luhan's parents decided to send their son into a private boys school, so Mira alone attended the normal high school. Soon, Mira found herself missing the boy, and often called and texted, but Luhan never picked up any of her calls or texts. Mira found herself helplessly falling head over heels for Luhan, but doubted that the puppy love would be returned, and often just dreaded the everyday unrequited love she had for him. Their contact gradually dimmed, and they no longer played with each other and met up like they used to so long ago. Mira eventually nearly forgot about Luhan, but one day her parents told her that Luhan had moved to Korea, to continue on with his studies. Heartbrokened and feeling nostalgic of the past, Mira longed for Luhan, and hoped that someday too, like Luhan, will also go to Korea, and meet him once again. However, her dreams were crushed when she heard the news that her mother and father were divorcing, and that her father was leaving china, for Korea, but she was to stay with her mother in China. Mira hopelessly cried for months, receiving the sudden shock of her best friend leaving, and her parents divorcing. One day, upon returning home from school, went to the apple tree where She and Luhan had planted, in the park nearby her house where she played. When she planted it, it was accidental, only because she and Luhan had been eating apples, and threw the core into a nearby bush, but returning to the bush couple of months after, they found a tiny apple tree growing there, and so, they decided to keep it there to remember their friendship. Luhan promised Mira that he will never leave her, and that he will always be a supporting friend, especially when Mira is feeling down. When she feels down, she calls Luhan, and they meet in front of the small apple tree, and Luhan kindly lends a shoulder for Mira to cry on. Although they were young, and didn't know how important and significant lending a shoulder would be, Luhan lent it to her every time. Her comforted her, making her smile once again.

On the day Mira wanders to the apple tree again, six years after they had plants it there, it grew tall and strong, and bore a few apples, too. Mira found a piece of paper, nailed to the tree, and read it. She could hardly hold back her tears, as she carefully read word by word of the letter.

After she read it, she folded the letter with care, and placed it in her wallet. She would never, ever lose it, she thought.

Who wants to read the letter? Comment, vote, read, and follow to find out!!