31

31|| Dynasty : The Building
“ The Physician. ”

People watched in curiosity as a royal carriage pass by them. Guards on their horses trail behind and in front of it.

“ Who must that be? ”

“ Is it the Princess? ”

“ Is the Princess back? ”

“ Is the parade later for her? ”

“ It could be... ”

Whispers could be heard as the people stood on the sides watching and wondering who is inside the royal carriage.

“ Finally! Princess must be back! ”

“ I have a feeling that the King will be back sooner... ”

In all honesty, even the guards that was escorting the carriage did not know what the passenger looked like, all they know is that it is the Princess.

|| Time Skip ||

The carriage stopped moving once it was near the palace and out came the Princess the people waited for. The guards stood still and bowed to her, however, they did not expect to see her that way. She was wearing a white fabric to hide the half of her face.

Eun-Ji walked through the palace with two servants trailing behind her. Her mask was off her face when she entered the palace and she could feel the servants trying to peak at her face.

|| Time Skip ||

Queen Ji So walked with a small smile on her lips. The servants could tell that the Queen was glad. Even the servants are curious and excited to see the Princess and the door opened and there sat the Princess. The servants smiled a bit, satisfied by the her appearance, she was indeed beautiful.

Eun-Ji stood up and curtseyed.
“ Princess Ji Eun greets the Queen. ” she said.

Queen Ji So smiled a bit. “ I have been waiting for you. ”

Eun-Ji stood straight and looked at the Queen.

“ The people is waiting for you. ” Ji So added.

|| Time Skip ||

The Queen elegantly walked down and the guards bowed as well as the officials, this time Park Young Sil pretended to bow and looked at the Princess, scrutinizing her. He hadn't expected her to come out so sudden.

Eun-Ji on the other hand could feel the look Young Sil is giving her. Just by looking at him, she already dislike him. The Queen walked up to her palanquin and sat on her chair. Eun-Ji turned to her palanquin. It was decorated with beautiful red fabrics that are expensive. She liked it. She walked inside her palanquin and sat down. The Queen gestured and her palanquin slowly rose up along with Eun-Ji's palanquin. She had to admit, it was making her anxious to be sat in a palanquin as the men carry her.

Eun-Ji looked ahead with a stoic face. The Queen's palanquin was in front of her. “ She planned this...that's why she didn't let me stay hidden... ” she thought. She could hear the beat of the drum and saw the people of Silla standing on either side of the path they are on. She could see they are all eager to see the Princess. She looked to the sides and watched the reactions of the people. Some men looked up at her in awe while others just watched, same goes for the ladies, some watched her in awe while some had a satisfied look.

She was feeling all right until her eyes caught the glimpse of the walls of Hwarang House. She inhaled deeply and calmed herself. She knew this will happen.

|| Time Skip ||

“ The Princess is finally back? ”

“ Why didn't they notified us earlier? ”

“ It's strange, they just announced that to us just yesterday. ”

Ban Ryu looked at Soo Ho who was looking around as if searching for someone. “ Who are you looking for? ”

Soo Ho turned to him and continued searching. “ I'm looking for Eun-Ji. ”

“ Aren't you excited?  You get to see the Queen again. ” Yeo Wool cut in with a mocking smile.

“ I want to see Eun-Ji. ” his eyes continued scanning the crowed but he didn't see her.

Sun Woo stood still, he didn't really care about the Princess but he just stood there.

Ji Dwi stood still too, but he is anxious on the inside. He kept looking for
Eun-Ji earlier but he didn't see her. And now the Princess will be introduced. The Queen had sent him a letter two days ago, saying the Princess will have a parade and that he will meet his future bride. He didn't mind Eun-Ji's absence, thinking she was just somewhere outside.
He was debating on whether Eun-Ji is the Princess or not, he was hoping for her not being the Princess.

“ Eo? Is that...? ”

“ No... Is she? ”

“ Heol... ”

“ U-wa... ”

“ She is the Princess?! ”

Whispers from the hwarangs could be heard. Ji Dwi became curious even more and stared at the Queen who was giving him a look. Her palanquin slowly made way for the palanquin of the Princess.

“ Heol...the physician... ”

“ She is the Princess?! ”

Hansung turned to Yeo Wool.
“ Eun-Ji-nuna is the Princess? U-wa... ”

“ I knew she was different, she didn't look anything like her sister...eo, they are not sisters after all. ” Yeo Wool said in satisfaction.

Soo Ho paled. “ Eun-Ji... ” Ban Ryu looked at him. “ She is the Princess. ”

Sun Woo watched with wide eyes. A lot of thoughts bombarded his mind.
“ She is the Princess...does Mak Moon know? Is she really his sister? ”

Ji Dwi watched with wide eyes. His breath hitched and his heartbeat increased. His mouth parted to utter something but he couldn't find anything to say. “ Aniya... ” his hands curled up to a fist.

Eun-Ji looked to the side to see the aghast faces of the hwarangs. She saw how Soo Ho paled, looking at her. But Ji Dwi caught her eyes. He was looking at her as if he is about to explode but he is hiding it with an emotionless mask. She spared Sun Woo a glance and looked ahead.