Chapter Seven

hey guys just wanted to say before this chapter starts later in it there's gonna be some n o  n o words

Four new messages from "The Good Hair Crew"

4:57 PM. Andi: Where is everyone?

4:59 PM. Jonah: On my way. Be there in a min.

5:00 PM. Buffy: Same.

5:01 PM. Jonah: Cy?

I opened the texts and before responding, did something else.

You added Tj to "The Good Hair Crew"

5:04 PM. You: Coming!

Tj never responded to the text, but when I showed up to The Spoon, Buffy was NOT happy. The second I sat down she blurted "When did you think you had the right to add Tj into the group chat?"

I don't do well under pressure, but I held my secrets in. "He's my friend. Also I invited him to hang out here." I said, not as confidentially as I planned on saying it.

Buffy slammed her hands on the table "You WHAT!?" I looked around the diner, and noticed everyone was staring at us. "Buffy, calm down. Tj's a really nice guy."

Buffy slammed her hands on the table again, saying words I shouldn't really repeat, not even in my head. But I looked over at Jonah, and he looked horrible. His face was red, and he was breathing quickly. "Jonah, you ok?" I asked, ignoring Buffy yelling at me. She reacted in a way I never thought she did. "I cant be here if Tj's gonna be here." And she stormed out of The Spoon.

I looked back at Jonah. "Jonah? Are you ok?" Jonah shook his head, his face now pale. I stood up out of the booth and grabbed Jonah's hand. "Come on, let's go to the bathroom." Jonah nodded and stood up, squeezing my hand so tight it went numb.

In the bathroom, Jonah splashed his face with the water in the sink, and took deep breaths. "What happened?" I put my hand on Jonah's shoulder. He stayed silent, looking at me through the mirror.

"I... I-I have anxiety." Jonah stuttered, almost saying it like I would be disappointed. I looked into his eyes from the mirror. "It's ok," I started. "At least I know now. Took you long enough to tell me."

Jonah looked confused. "What?" He said. "What you were gonna tell me. A few weeks ago when I was with Tj." Jonah put on a smile, I don't know if it was a fake one or a real one, and then he said "O-oh yeah. Heh. That. Well, now you know."

When we walked back to the booth, I saw Tj and Andi talking. At least they get along. As I sat back down, when Jonah tried to sit next to me, Tj slid in the seat as quick as he could. "Hi Tj." I said, smiling. "Hey Muffin." Tj said, resting his hand on my knee under the table.

Jonah sat down next to Andi, obviously already annoyed from Tj. He sat there and stared at Tj. "You were right, Cy. Tj is really nice." Andi said, smiling. "But Buffy doesn't want to even talk to him." I looked over at the door when I heard the bell chime, but it was no one I knew.

As Jonah opened his mouth, getting ready to talk, I heard a familiar voice. "Hi, I'm Amber and I'll be your waiter today." All four of us looked over at her. "Hi Amber!" Andi and I said in unison. "We'll just have some baby taters." Jonah said. "Oh, and a milkshake. Two, actually." Tj said. "Make that three!" Andi added. "Actually, four." Jonah said, quietly. Amber wrote our order down and repeated it. "Ok so, an order of baby taters and four milkshakes. Anything else?" Andi shook her head. She always has the final say with our orders whenever Buffy isn't here. "Coming right up!" Amber said, walking away.