Cuddling

Jaye had been thinking about that day with Paige for a week now. They had held hands. And Paige hadn't pulled hers away. Jaye had become more and more awkward around Paige, trying to keep her crush on her from being obvious and completely over thinking everything because she didn't want to ruin their friendship over a silly crush. On the other hand, she couldn't keep this a secret for long.

She was shaken from her thoughts by a buzz from her phone. A text from Paige.

[Paige: Wanna meet come over later?]

[Jaye: Yeah, of course. When?]

[Paige: Whenever you like. I want to talk to you.]

[Jaye: Okay.]

Jaye shut off her phone and jumped into her car, driving to Paige's house.

She arrived to find the dark-haired beauty sitting on the porch, and quietly approached. "Hey," She murmured

Paige looked up. "Hey, Jaye." Her usually emotionless eyes gleamed with something....something warm. Something Jaye could not identify. She patted the area beside her for Jaye to sit.

Jaye smiled slightly and sat. "You said you wanted to talk to me about something?"

Paige looked up at the abnormally tall girl with a small nod. "Is everything okay?" Her eyebrow creased in worry.  "You've been acting strangely lately. Did I do something wrong?"

Jaye shook her head and hugged her close. "You could never do anything wrong. I'm sorry if I seem off, it's just..." She trailed off, hanging her head.

Paige gently tilted Jaye's head up to look her in the eyes. "What's wrong?"

Jaye swallowed as she looked at her and held her close. "Please don't leave me. Please. You're the only friend I have."

"I wouldn't leave you. Nothing could ever make me leave you, Jaye. What's the matter?" Paige held her tightly.

"My emotions might." Jaye murmured, pulling back enough to look her in the eyes. "Paige, I like you a lot. Like like you. As in the more than friends sort of like." She bit her lip nervously.

To her surprise, Paige's cheeks darkened. "Y-you do?"

Jaye nodded slowly.

Paige laid her head on Jaye's shoulder and nuzzled into her neck. "I like you too." She breathed.

Jaye's eyes widened but a broad smile began to creep across her face as she wrapped an arm around the shorter girl. "You mean that?"

"I've liked you for ages, Jaye." Paige confessed, snuggling closer, closing her eyes. "I'm so glad you like me back."

Jaye was a little taken aback. "I've also liked you for a long time, Paige." She gently picked the pale girl up as she yawned. "Tired?"

"For like the first time ever." Paige murmured. "Or maybe you're just that boring."

Jaye chuckled softly and carried her inside. "There's my Paige."

The raven-haired girl smiled, a genuine smile, a rare occurrence for Paige, and reached up to brush some of Jaye's jet black, boyish hair out of her piercing indigo gaze. "Your Paige." She promised, snuggling into Jaye's arms, closing her eyes.

Jaye laid her on the couch once they got inside and Paige pulled her down beside her. They stayed there, arms wrapped around each other, each afraid of ever letting the other go, for a long time.