Chapter One

Jennifers POV        

Walking through the airport made me even more nervous for what was coming my way. I did not want to move schools. I wanted to stay at my old school with my friends and where everyone knew who I was. I was the queen bee. I basically owned the school. But now noones going to know who I am. Im gonna be one of those knew girls that my friends and I used to pick on. I'll never be able to adapt to that.

I still remember two years ago, when my friends, Ashley and Hannah, and I, used to pick on the new girl, Jess Matthews, so badly she moved schools. Nobody knew where she went though. I still feel so bad for that incident. She had to go for therapy and everything. Ashley and Hannah didnt even care, they just convinced me to move on to somebody else to bully.

I snap out of that memory when my mom and I finally find my aunt, holding a giant sign that read:
Welcome home, Jenny and Abigail!
My mom runs into Aunt Maggies arms, tears streaming down her face.
"It'll be ok," Aunt Maggie ushers, stroking moms hair.
Ever since January, when dad died, mom hasnt been able to even say a word to me. She told me we were leaving New York a week in advance.
I've had to look after myself, clean the house and look after the dogs. That we left behind.

The whole drive home i've had to listen to stories about Aunt Maggies new boyfriend. She's really young, 26. Thats 15 years younger than my mom. Her boyfriends name is Bill and apparently he's the best looking guy on this planet. At least, thats what mom says. But he's much older than Aunt Maggie. He even has a son a year older than me. At least I might have some company every now and then.

When we get to the house, Aunt Maggie tells me where to go to find my room. I follow her quoted directions and find a huge room with a queen sized bed. Theres a huge world map on the wall with two cases of pins, Pink for where I've been and Purple for where I'd like to go. I haven't been anywhere except New York and now Lakewood, so I cant really do much with this.

Theres a desk in the left corner with empty picture frames and a shelf on the wall to store my school books. Fairy lights hang on every wall and theres even an en suite bathroom, with a bath with jets and a seperate shower. I've always wanted an en suite bathroom. The thing is, mom and dad never really earned a lot of money. Everyone thought I was the rich bitch - well i was a bitch. So one time dad tried gambling. He lost a bunch of times and owed this one guy a LOT of money. Like, I'm talking millions. One night when he was gambling, drunk, he was walking down a dark alley and was shot. Someone saw it happen and called the police and an ambulance. They were both too late. The guy who shot my dad escaped and dad died from all the bleeding.

I fall asleep with this memory.

Thank you for reading chapter one of my first story! I'll be posting three times every week, so stay updated!