Prologue: Hopelessness and New Beginnings (Part 1)

I've never actually believed I'd get this far, but I somehow managed. Hope's Peak Academy. It was one of the biggest and the most prestigious schools I have ever seen. Pretty hard to get in, but I succeed to, despite all the odds. As what, you may ask?

Well...Ultimate Movie Star , of course. The school was built to raise the hope for the nation's future. Which technically makes Hope's Peak a fitting name for this school. There's two things you need to learn about attending the academy. First, you need to be a current High School student, and second, you need to be the best at what you do.

It's quite rare that an ordinary student gets in the academy, but when they do get in, it's usually picked from a prize draw, earning them the title 'Ultimate Lucky Student'. The academy brings in Ultimate students from around the world, and because of that, I've been picked to join this school to follow in my dad's footsteps as an actor. I am to be his successor and earn the same success as he once did. At first, I started acting when I was about 6, but as I've turned 17, I've earned about 3 Oscars, 2 Emmys, and a Golden Globe in my lifetime. Lucky me!

My name is...Jason Thorton, an ordinary kid, turned to fame, turned into Ultimate Movie Star . It was like a dream come true for me. As I stood in front of the school's gates, I was met with butterflies in my stomach, but I remembered that I might be recognised and could possibly make lots of new friends in this new school.

In this school, the Ultimate Students are known for their talents. For example, there's Ultimate Basketball Pro, Ultimate Gamer, Singer, and...well, you know what I mean. They stand as the greatest in their fields, shining far above the average individual.

Before I went in, I took a long look at the huge school building. DAMN, it's so big! It's like the biggest school in the world; I think it is. I glanced at my acceptance letter one last time, as I felt proud of myself for going this far...about to enter a private academy for the elite.*

"Well...here I go!"

I smack my cheeks with both hands in determination and took my first steps towards the building. As I went inside, I noticed that the school was kind of empty. Am I the first one here? I checked my phone, and 7:30 flashed up onto the screen.

Damn, I'm early! Why'd I wake up at 5:30? Ooh, my head...Unsure of what to do, I went to go check on the gym, finding it just as empty as the entrance hall. Well...might as well wait for the others to arrive and play on my phone. I went to a bench to relax and started to occupy my time with a little clicker game.

After a few minutes of waiting and boredom, I started to feel heavy, as if my body was slowly becoming harder and harder to move. As I breathed heavily, trying to move, my vision started getting blurry. I was feeling wobbly and nauseous at the same time. My field of view was slowly distorting into something unrecognizable.

"GAH! W-What's...going...oooooooon.......?"

As I tried to finish my sentence, I passed out. What the hell happened...? Was this school some kind of trap? Why was this happening? All those questions roamed around my head as I fell into unconsciousness...and then darkness.

.

.

.

"Ugh...my fucking head hurts..."

I woke up after being knocked out for who knows how long, only to be greeted with even more darkness. As I moved, I seemed to notice an odd cloth-like substance surrounding me...it was almost like...Am I in a BODY BAG!? Am I dead...!?

No, wait, if I was dead, I wouldn't have been able to feel anything, right? Nevermind, I'm not dead. Struggling, I tried to get out of the bag by jumping up and down, pushing against the material, and even trying to rip a hole through it, but to very little avail. I probably needed some assistance.