infliction

BOOK ONE | INFLICTION
[ PART ONE | the fight for earth ]

BOOK ONE | INFLICTION[ PART ONE | the fight for earth ]

S.H.I.E.L.D. IS FACED with a foe no single person can defeat. So, Director Nick Fury sets out to bring together a team of remarkable people. An established and experienced team made up of superheroes and spies are joined by a pair of siblings who are just trying to make their way through this world.

The Hightower siblings have been on the run majority of their lives; trying to stay one step ahead of, well, of everyone, and they weren't sure how to react when S.H.I.E.L.D. contacted them. They didn't quite understand why S.H.I.E.L.D. wanted them out of everyone to help save the world.

But, when Morana Hightower, a woman who is plagued with a power she can't even begin to understand, starts to show a familiarity with the Tesseract, her and Marque decide that maybe it's for the best if they answer S.H.I.E.L.D.'s call.

They will battle against the Asgardian trickster known as Loki, who plans to unleash a dangerous and powerful force upon the Earth. If Loki succeeds, the world as they know it will change forever--for the worse. Can this team work together and rescue mankind from Loki's cruel grip? Of will Loki disassemble this fragile team and become ruler of Earth?

✦ ✧ ✦

EIZA GONZALEZ as
MORANA FAYE HIGHTOWER

ALIAS: QUIETUS

DJ COTRONA asMARQUE NATHANIEL HIGHTOWER

DJ COTRONA as
MARQUE NATHANIEL HIGHTOWER

ALIAS: SHADOW

✦ ✧ ✦

WARNING:

this story features cursing, death, adult themes, blood & gore; do not read if you are uncomfortable with these topics

[ in progress | 2018 ]
fanfiction book 1/? of
the hightower series
steve rogers. mcu [ the avengers ]
written by victoria

COPYRIGHT 2018 | ©

I, vxidmccall_, DO NOT OWN "THE AVENGERS" OR ANYTHING ELSE RELATED TO THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE. I, vxidmccall_, DO HOWEVER OWN MORANA FAYE HIGHTOWER, MARQUE NATHANIEL HIGHTOWER (AND FUTURE OCs) AND THEIR RELATED PLOT LINES.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

i was going to wait to post this story until i had developed it a little bit further, but after seeing avengers: infinity war, i decided to say "screw it" and post the introduction anyway because--for all of us who have seen infinity war--we all need a bit of a pick-me-up. and mine comes in the form of the first avengers movie.

this story takes place right at the beginning of the first avengers movie. i decided not to include any backstory chapters before the main even because i wanted the hightower's past to be kept a secret for a little while. i already have the first chapter written, but i probably won't publish it until i have chapter two written, so it shouldn't be too  much longer.

happy reading!