Chapter Two

"We're going to get caught, there are way to many other packs in the woods who would kill any rogue in there territory. Plus, I've heard that the SilverBlood pack hides deep in the woods not far from here." Maya ranted on and on about all the reasons why we shouldn't run away and become rogues. It wasn't like they were all vicious.

I sighed and banged my head against the wall, "We can talk about this after school alright? I have a fight against Tom Burden in Strength, again." I mumbled the last part and rolled my eyes. In our wolf pack school we didn't learn much about the human "math, language arts, science," and on and on, it was about becoming great wolves because that was all Alpha Mike wanted from us. To become better than everyone else.

I pulled a t-shirt over my head and slid on some skinny jeans and vans.

"You're going to mess up those cloths!" Maya laughed and shook her head while grabbing her books.

"I'd rather not wear shorts again, they ripped last time, remember?" I groaned as she broke out in chuckles.

We walked back down stairs and across the street to the school. There were two pack houses that held us because we were such a big pack. Not as big as some but bigger than most. The only problem was that we were weak. To many omegas.

We shared the school with another pack, the pawstone pack, the other weak one. Explains the dumbass name. I guess it was better than ours, the Goldmoon pack.

After the usual boring day of my first two subjects, it was time for Strength class, yes the class where I'd get my butt whipped.

I was going against the beta of the Pawstone pack, he was strong, not as strong as the alpha but like I said, we are weak Packs.

After waiting about thirty minutes, the coach blew his whistle. "Everette and Burden, let's hurry this up. And Faith, let's not be to weak alright?"

I ignored the coach because I had more crap to worry about other than his insults, like getting my head torn off yanno.

I stepped onto the mat only to be approached by the tall buff Tom. He grinned lazily and got in the fighting position, as I did the same.

But let's face it, Beta against the omega? I mean come on!

The whistle was blown and before I knew it my head slammed against the floor, leaving it with a awful aching pain. I slowly got up on my knees, when I felt a knee jab into my ribcage. I grabbed it hoping to get the throw up that wanted to burst out, out. Gross, but I wish I could so it'd be all over Tom. He grabbed me by the hair hard enough to where I though he'd rip it out then and there. As he lifted me up by my hair I screamed silently to myself in pain. "Give up yet, pup?" The word 'pup' echoed through my mind, reminding me of what Mike had said this morning in the kitchen.

Before I knew it I felt my foot lift and slam Into Toms face, causing him to drop me. I caught myself on the floor with my knees, and stood up. As I looked around something strange happened, everyone was... screaming and running away?

I rose an eyebrow as tom coward away with them, then smiled. Guess I scared them. Ha.

"Faith!" I heard a scream, "FAITH RUN!" It sounded like, Maya?

I turned around only to feel my heart drop. The SilverBlood pack was coming, they were walking towards the school. I gasped and backed away to shocked to run, but tripped over a rock and fell right on my butt. I could hear the alarm go off and I knew they were here to attack us. Probably Alpha Mikes earn to piss someone off every five damn seconds.

As hey got closer I instantly sat up and ran as fast as my legs could go towards the buildings. As I reached the inside students we're screaming and scrambling through and out of the school, trying to get to there homes. The packs strongest men were already armed with weapons and helping people get inside where it's safe. After all this was the strongest and biggest pack there was, I didn't even realize how terrified I was until I remembered my mothers stories, better worse my nightmares. I ran towards the pack house only to run Into Mikes chest, great.

He narrowed his eyes looking down at me, then shoved me to the side.

"I suggest you lock yourself in your room, there are guards guarding all the doors so you'll be safe." He mumbled while walking out of the house. I was confused of why he was acting almost like he cared, but then again I had more things to worry about. There was no doubt in my mind that I would possibly die any moment. I walked into my room, no Maya.

"Maya?" I called out. Just before I could call her name again my eyes darted towards a scream. I ran to my window and screamed also, as a lump in my throat appeared at the sight. The pack was here, and one of them was dragging helpless Maya away. They held onto her foot as she screamed for mercy. "MAYA!" I screamed and ran towards the door, it was locked. "No please you have to let me out! PLEASE!" I yelled banging on the doors. But it was no use. I walked back towards the window with fear in my eyes.

My eyes trailed off, looking among the large wolves for the Alpha or beta. It was only then when I saw him. His piercing green eyes immediately locking onto mine. My heart sunk at his beauty. Dark brown amazing hair, followed by an amazing jawline.

His shape was perfect, with muscle and strength.

'Mate.' My wolf howled. I gasped as I realized he was walking toward the house, killing every man that stood in his way. I closed the curtains, fear rushing through my body.

I instantly trailed off towards the door, then felt myself banging on it once again. "They're coming! Let me out-" I was cut off my loud yells that sounded like.... the guards. Something banged against the door causing me to scream. He was here, he was going to kill me because I was his mate. I grabbed a knife I had always kept under my pillow. Just in case, not because I was scared at night or anything. I felt tears rushing down my cheeks as I pressed my back against the wall.

The banging noise just got louder and louder by the minute. I closed my eyes, enjoying my last fucking moments.

And before I knew it, the door fell to the floor.

There he was Aiden Black. I could already feel the sparks as a large, breathtaking smirk appeared on his tan face.

"Get her, one scratch and you both will die." He said to the two men standing next to his sides. Just then he turned and walked down the hallway as they stepped closer towards me.

"G-get away from me." My voice cracked as it shivered out of my throat. I gripped the knife tighter until they got close enough. I threw it at the bigger ones stomach. He caught it and dropped it on the floor as if it was nothing, then grabbed my arms. I screamed and kicked as they lifted me up and carried me through the hallway, past the dead bodies that laid on the floor.

I couldn't help but cry, the person I feared most was my mate. Just great.

Many tried to stop the men from carrying me off, but just died trying. I eventually gave up trying to escape but panic rushed throughout my body. My eyelids suddenly became droopy and everything went black.