2. touch of death

song: lovely - billie eilish (with khalid)

-

2768 years before end of war.

there hasn't been a new battle since the battle of the death angel happened, 79 years ago except for when there was a battle between gems in the white and black army without arthit and kongpob's guidance, their consequences for their incompetence experienced soon after.

kongpob sits on his black seat with golden designs on it, resting his right arm on the armrest and fiddling with a playing card with his fingers, watching as his soldier gems bicker about their new plan of attack.

the red amethyst was created by black diamond to shatter useless gems with a single touch, something that the diamonds cannot do automatically. he is used for war and fighting, and was made general years before black was shattered by her own loyal jasper.

he was ordered to shatter jasper, but a gem went ahead of him and was said that he immediately shattered her right after black was. he didn't see the event but he couldn't care less. he didn't want to be part of the diamond army anyway, moreover to be ruled by the diamonds. this is why he formed the black army rebellion, after black diamond for a reason that only he knows.

it was easy at first, defeating the white army who was then under white diamond who now temporarily stepped down and gave the highest position to a quartz. that quartz helped the white army rise and defeat him and his army for the first time, creating one of the deadliest battles in the entire history of gem existence.

the thoughts running in his head get interrupted when he hears multiple of his rubies continuing to bicker and he slams the table in anger, being sick and tired of hearing their whiny voices.

"stop it." are the only words he says in a straightforward and cold tone.

one of the rubies, the one with his gem on his chest, gets stubborn and talks back to kongpob, which scared the rubies more.

"what will you do if we don't? my clarity." he mockingly salutes the amethyst, glaring at him. kongpob simply chuckles and takes off his glove.

"oh dear ruby, this is why you're low in the gem rankings."

he touches the ruby so slightly, so delicately, but that touch was so dangerous and so deadly that it immediately shattered the ruby that talked back, bubbling the shattered gem and giving it to one of the rubies, now handing it with his covered hand.

"take it or pop the bubble and throw that stupid ruby away, if you must." kongpob says, walking away from the scene like nothing happened, wearing once again his black satin glove and rests his head lazily on his left hand, closing his eyes to let his past memories flash back to him, reminding himself of the reasons of why he was doing this.

approx. 4300 years before current time.

when he was created, everyone expected him to be a regular amethyst, a shapeshifter, a regular warrior wielding a sword, but when he arose from the ground in earth, everyone was disgusted to realize that he,

is a defective gem.

he cannot shapeshift, nor be a proper warrior with a sword, so they decided to throw him away to the area for defective gems to stay. but when they grabbed his bare arms when he was only wearing sleeveless clothing, the two gems who grabbed him immediately shattered.