Fresh start

Roxanne wake up! Roxanne wake up! "What." I mumbled. "You're going to your grandmothers today." Cassandra said pulling my blanket off of me. "Now get up and get dressed please."

She ordered throwing a pair of jeans and a sweater at me. I got up and did my daily routine which consists of lugging myself into the bathroom and taking a shower. After I got done I brushed my long curly brown hair which is useless since it's only going to curly up again and create little tangles. I'm not much of a make up person since my skin is naturally flawless thank god, but I threw on mascara and a hint of eyeliner and some light pink lip gloss for finishing touches.

"Roxanne are you ready sweety?" Cassandra shouted from down stairs. "Yeah almost." I grabbed my duffle bag from my now old closet and stuffed some left over items that were hanging around my now old room.

Cassandra is my foster mom also a family friend. I've known her since I was a baby, my parents and her were close. She took me in after my parents died from a fire 4 years ago because I kept bouncing from foster home to foster home and she really didn't like that. My aunts and uncles also pretty much didn't want me because of old problems with my mom and dad. About a few months ago my social worker got a email from my grandmother Adriana who by the way lives in San Francisco California saying she wanted to keep me. Truth be told I didn't know my grandmother at all, my mom never talked about her. I guess well I'll finally meet her.

Cassandra dropped me off at the air port with her tear filled eyes. I gave her a hug and told her I'll call her when I land. My luggage was sent over to Ariana's house a week earlier so I wouldn't have to deal with it at the air port and plus I had a lot of stuff. I got on the plane and looked out the window saying bye to Denver.

I arrived in San Fran tired and sore sleeping on a plane isn't really comfortable. Whe I got off I saw a man with holding a paper with my name on it I walked up to him "Are you Roxanne?" he asked in a gruff tone. "Yes." "Your grandmother Adrianna asked me to come pick you up. Follow me please." I followed him out of the air port to a shiny black Cadillac. It was pretty nice. He grabbed my duffle bag and put it in the back, I got in the passenger seat.

We drove about 45 minutes till we reached a gate. My driver typed in a code and the gate opened revealing big houses, greens lawns, and expensive cars everywhere. I guess this was the suburbs. "My grandmother lives here?" I asked in shock. He chuckled "yes indeed, you seem surprised." Well of course I was surprised I've never met the woman. "It's just that I never actually seen the suburbs only on movies or mtv shows."

We pulled up to a gigantic white house with columns. This seemed like the biggest house in the neighborhood . The driver grabbed my duffle bag and we walked to the beautifully glass stained doors. My driver rang the doorbell and what seemed like forever the door finally opened revealing a naturally light skin women with bright green eyes and long raven black hair stopping at her waist and a figure that could stop a truck.

"My my look how you've grown!" She smile and clapped jumping twice and smiling a gorgeous smile flashing her white teeth. "Adrianna?" I asked hesitantly because she didn't look like she was a grandmother. "Of course who else would I be? Call me grandma" She sang out. I swear I swallowed a fly because my mouth was opened for a while. She frowned a little bit and pushed my chin up so my mouth shut.

"Sweetie close your mouth you'll catch flies." She said giggling. "Thank you Charles for picking her up." "Anytime Adrianna." And with a swift turn he left. "Adrianna grabbed my bags and gestured for me to come in. I followed her inside shutting the door behind me.

"I have your room set up if you would like to see it." "Yes." I replied a little to fast. She smiled an started walking up the winding staircase. We passed about two or three maybe even four rooms the hall looked pretty amazing I wondered if my room was too. She entered a room on the right I'm guessing mine. It was beautiful pastel yellow walls, gorgeous bed set, white dressers, and a white vanity in the middle of the room against the wall. "So what do you think?" She asked with her hands clasped. "I love it thank you so much!". "Well I'll let you unpack and get everything else put away and you have extra stuff" she said winking at me. Of course when she said that I knew she meant closet I practically tripped over my bag trying to get over there. I peeked inside looking at new clothes, shoes, and accessories. Everything looked so expensive. Yeah there were a few things that I could pay for myself at the mall, but other than that it was paradise.