And Jersey Just Got Colder And, No One Knows I'm Scared To Death.

"What do you mean you aren't going to steal anymore?" Mack shouted at Miss Conduct.

"We aren't fucking stealing anymore, Holden. It's over, calm your tits." Dia shouted back. "What now, then? If you two don't rob anyone, there will be no adventures for the new book, no adventures for the book means no book, no book means you two get no money and I'll never get to see Alyssa again." Holden sighed as he sat down on the ratty, torn up couch in his apartment, which really looked more to be the basement of someone's house, but you know, whatever. "Then what?" Holden asked. "When's goin' be my time?!" He shouted at the sky.

"Will you cut the dramatics?" Lj snapped at him as she took her eye mask off. "Alyssa's done, bro. Done." She said, cutting him a look and throwing her gloves at him. "And when did you two become so fucking high and mighty? What makes you two so much better and more level headed than me?" Holden snapped, looking at the girls.

"Love does crazy things to people, Holden. You of all people should know that." Dia said, looking down at her wrist. Silent Bob made her a bracelet out of straps of leather from his first overcoat.

"Love? The fuck does she mean, 'love?'" Holden stared blankly at Dia, but asked Lj.

"We've been holding off on telling you, Holden. We've been seeing people." Lj said, staring at the floor.

Holden stole a glance at Dia, and then a lingering one at Lj, who wouldn't meet his gaze. Despite still having feelings for his ex girlfriend, notorious lesbian and one time town slut, Alyssa Jones, Holden had begun to garner feelings for Lj. She was one of the few women in Monmouth County that actually showed him kindness.

"Who?" He asked in disbelief that his two best friends didn't tell him that they were dating people."Who?" He asked again, a bit defensively.

"Jay and Silent Bob..." Dia whispered low enough so that Holden could hear, but not loud enough for him to reeealllly hear.

"WHO!? Are you fucking kidding me?! You're dating those... those... mallrat stoner fucks?! Shit! You might as well just take turns in the back of a fucking Volkswagen with Shannon Hamilton! Fuck!" Holden exploded.

"Why does it fucking matter, Holden? You're hung up on a lesbian, LES-BEE-AN, that doesn't fucking love you anymore. I'm beginning to think you don't want anyone to be happy. You only care about your stupid comic and getting Alyssa to notice you again. Newsflash: SHE FUCKING WON'T. Jesus, you're so self-centered, Holden. Come on, Dia. We're late." Lj snapped at Holden, who stood there, mouth agape.

Lj and Dia left and headed back to their apartment. They needed to get ready for a date with the boys.

                                                                        ***

"Okay, so they get the puck in the net and it's worth one point." Dia tried to calmly explain to Jay, as the foursome sat ring-side at a New Jersey Devils hockey game. "But why? Like, what's the point?" Jay asked, realizing that he was beginning to piss Dia off. "It's a fucking game, Jay!" Dia shouted at him. Lj laughed and Silent Bob elbowed his friend and put his arm around Dia, who was now pouting. "Be nice, Jay." Lj laced her hand with his and he smiled. "Do I get something if I do?"  He asked with big, childish eyes.

She giggled at him. "Nope." He snapped his fingers in mock disappointment and she laid her head on his shoulder. "It's okay Babe, I don't really like hockey that much, either." she whispered. "Wanna go makeout in the bathroom?" He asked her. "Sure." She said, laughing at him. In one swift motion, Jay jumped up and had Lj pulled to her feet as well. "We'll be back." Lj laughed as Dia winked at her and Bob nodded approvingly.