Meetings and stuff

AN: So, fair warning, I'm not the best writer. In fact, I'm pretty sucky. But I'm one of the best out of, so suck it up.

*Brynne POV* (Sophia's Idea)

   I'm off to college. That means I'll have to pay for food. and clothes. and food. Ugh.  I'll have a roommate, so I won't have to pay all of the rent for my apartment. I chose not to live on campus because that means I would have to interact with more than three people on a daily basis. Ugh.

I'm already on the way to my the duplex; mom doesn't have the time to come help me. Besides, I've already moved most of my junk there anyways.  I somehow managed to avoid seeing my  roomie before now, but I assume that I'll meet her sometime today. 

I suppose once I get everything in the house, I'll go shopping for some groceries to make dinner. I hope that my roomie likes spaghetti, because that's what I'm making. Nice and easy, just noodles in a pot. Of boiling water. That could burn you if it spilled. But oh well, who cares?

I lugged the rest of my junk up the stairs (alone, I might add), put it down, and went straight back to the car to go buy food. I had to look up the local grocery store on my phone because, knowing me, I would have gotten lost. That would have been a nightmare. (and I would have had to wait for food.)

I pulled up and immediately parked. There where a lot of empty parking spaces. That sounds suspicious. Maybe I'm going to get murdered. That would not be enjoyable. I walked into the store. It's actually pretty nice. And it's not crowded, which is nice. 'Cause I hate people. 

I get all of the basic necessities,  a bunch of candy, and the spaghetti noodles. I also grabbed some ramen for when I'm too lazy to cook. which is often. Ironically, I only sleep three hours per night. I go up front and pay for all of my groceries, which doesn't take awhile because, once again, the store isn't crowded. 

I drive home quickly because I don't want my ice cream to melt. And yes, ice cream is a necessity.  When I got back to my apartment, I saw that there was a new car in the driveway.  That must be my roomie. I should probably introduce myself, but that would mean I have to socialize. Ugh. But I suppose that would be the polite thing to do. Curse my southern manners. 

I quickly carry up my groceries. (There are quite a few, but it would be a wound to my pride to make a second trip.  DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR!) I put up the groceries in the kitchen and go to knock on my roomie's door. I knock awkwardly, and stand outside the door awkwardly because everything I do is awkward. 

The door is unceremoniously flung open, and I literally have to look down almost three inches. She looks like a chibi. Like seriously. She's also wearing a hoodie like two times too big. She looks weird. I like her already.  (As a friend. I don't even know her name yet.) "Ummmm...Hi. My name is Brynne, and I'm your roommate. Obviously. I didn't break and enter. That would be weird." I nearly face palmed. That was a great introduction. The greatest. This is why I don't do people. 

"Hey. My name is Sophia. I live here too." She kinda trailed off at the end.  "Well, I'm going to make some spaghetti, if you want some." I offered. "Yeah, sure. Just don't put any sauce on mine." Who doesn't put sauce on their noodles. That's weird. But whatever; who am I to talk. I usually eat sweets instead of actual food. 

"Sure. I'll yell when it's ready." And with that I walked away awkwardly. I start cooking up the sauce and waiting for the water to boil, which takes freaking forever. I quickly prepare the plates and then call for Sophia. She's out in a blink of the eye and is already at the table. I roll my eyes, expecting that she's always be like that. 

"What would you like to drink? We have sweet tea, lemonade, water, and coffee." I ask, setting her plate in front of her. "COFFEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" She says almost immediately. I really should have expected that. I'll have to hide my coffee now. 

As I sit down to dinner, the coffee brewing, conversations come easily. Turns out we have a lot in common. I have my first official friend! I mean, she'll probably be my only, but oh well.  We both get second helpings, and eat quickly. The we eat cherry pie for desert, because yes, I got cherry pie with my  southerness. 

We take our cherry pie and watch Thor Ragnarok. We spend the whole movie talking about Loki's hotness. Because dang, that dude is fiiiiiiine. We then watch The Green Mile and cry together because that movie is so sad!

when we are picking up the spilled popcorn, that I made and then later spilled, we have more conversations about fandom and ships, the top ship being Reddie. 

"Hey, Sophia, do you ever get that weird feeling that someone's watching you?" I ask. She gives me a strange look and then answers "Yes, actually." We both look of into the literal camera. "Figurative." Sophia says suddenly. "What?" I ask. "What?" She responds.