Prologue

As you sit in the waiting room before the match, you can't help but feel really nervous and anxious. Your father is watching, and you do not want to disappoint him, after all the money and time he has spent on you getting into this regional volley ball game. If you let your father down, you might as well just pack your bags and leave because he only wants you to win, but not in a good way that a parent should feel towards their child.

A female wearing an earpiece and her work uniform opens the door and tells you that you have to go to the match.

Le Time Skip To Le Match!

I hit the ball over the net to my opponent, known as Jakalen Mandalaire. She looked just as determined to win, but I have a more deeper reason. Jakalen jumps up to spike the ball with her wrist, and I block the shot with my rough, calloused palms, slamming the ball into the floor on her side of the court. When you go down to land on the floor, Jakalen starts to tumble to the floor, and your body moves to catch her. You get my arms under her back before contact with the cool, stained, wooden floor, cushioning her landing.

The ankles on both of your feet turn upon impact, snapping my bones, making you let out a blood curling scream. You can feel all eyes on yourself and your fallen body. Even Jakalen, the opponent turns to see what was wrong, and instantly regretted it. Paramedics rushed towards my now curled up form, now silently crying from the amount of pain sprouting from my ankles.

You already know that you have let your father down, and you deeply regretted it.