XXXVI

hate declan but i love daniel sharman.

apologies for taking so long to update, just in case you didn't see my message on my profile; i was quite busy last week with my graduation and personal stuff so it was hard for me to find time to write anything. plus i went through some weird sad and down phase where it was very hard for me to enjoy the things i usually like doing.

I was gonna due a long ass a/n about the backlash Reina received in the previous chapter but shit has happened and I am currently demotivated so here's a mini rant. I just want you guys to know that these characters are still growing and changing. Reina isn't perfect; her stubbornness, anger and pettiness clearly makes her a flawed person, which is what I wanted to show.

Also, whatever she does in this chapter, please remember that she is also grieving so chill with the "she's a bitch" comments because if you read the comments from the chapter before the previous one, a lot of y'all asked for it. A lot of y'all asked for her to be cold and harsh and petty. I know it was a lot more than expected but still.

anyways, enjoy and excuse any errors. I also want to remind you that I mentioned this in the first chapter of the book: Reina's dragon Vaera has five eggs. Also Nira is Reina's handmaid who was also introduced in the beginning of the book.

♕♔♕

♕♔♕

Reina and Harry watched solemnly as Aella's body was wrapped in a white sheet and carried away, out of the dining room. Reina's cheeks were damp with heavy tears, staring into space, still somewhat in disbelief while she remained on the floor. Harry crouched down by her side, reaching out to touch her but she pulled away to stand up.

Everyone watched cautiously and quietly as she steadied herself while gripping the table, gaze flickering to the apple pie that Aella was eating before she died. Reina quickly gathered her thoughts, growing angrier by the second as she growled and slammed her hand against the table. She then swiped her hand against some of the dishes full of food, causing them to fly off the table and hit the floor with a crash. She let out a small cry of frustration, sitting down with her head in her hands. Harry slowly approached her, barely resting his hand on her shoulder before she shifted her body away. Harry's face flashed with slight pain and disappointment, but before he could say anything she started talking.

"They did this," she murmured lowly, looking up at him with bright, angry eyes clear of tears but full of fire.

"The Messians," Harry murmured with a deep frown. "Reina, I promise you-"

"Fredric! Matthias!" she yelled abruptly, cutting him off. "I want every single person working in the kitchen tonight to be in the throne room, now!" she ordered roughly in an authoritative tone.