Rumbling Hearts

Rumbling Hearts

PROLOUGE

I'll stop loving you  

When diamonds never sparkle and flowers cease to grow 

When thunder never echoes and rivers won't flow 

When hearts no longer wonder and hands never held 

When smiles are only memories and hope is never felt 

When trees no longer blossom and stars refuse to shine 

When God alone commands me 

Then I'll stop loving you

Hilary is a senior high school student. She has two best friends, Cassie and Josh. Ever since Hilary met Josh she had a huge crush on him. Cassie is the only one who knows about this, so she decides to set them up with each other. To make it more special, she did this during her birthday. She planned to make them meet at the sea shore during sunset. Her plan worked, and Hilary was able to overcome her shyness, release the lover within and tell Josh how she felt. It turns out that Josh felt the same way for her too. In that place during sunset, everything began. 

Josh and Hilary became the perfect and the happiest couple. Hilary introduced Josh to her family, her mother, father and her little sister. They treated Hilary and Josh as if they were already married in fact they acted that way as well. They became the perfect "high school sweethearts", they made a promise to each other, that no matter what happens, no matter how far their distance to each other is, they would always bonded by their ever-lasting love for as long as the stars twinkle in the sky. Right after that promise was made, Josh gave Hilary a ring that is identical to his, as a seal and symbol of their promise to each other. 

But then, all of that changed with a single moment. During their second anniversary, Hilary and Josh decided to meet by telephone booth beside the street. 

Hilary came on time, but Josh was very late. He was just so excited about their anniversary, that he completely lost track of time. On the way to their meeting place, Josh bumped into Cassie, who was of course celebrating her birthday. Josh greeted her a happy birthday in hopes that that would be enough, so that he could continue on his way to Hilary but, the greeting wasn't enough for Cassie. She asked Josh to buy her a ring from the vendor placed beside the street, and because he was in a hurry, Josh didn't argue with Cassie. He bought the ring for Cassie, and continued running to meet Hilary. Coincidentally, the ring bought for Cassie is also identical to Hilary and Josh's promise rings. 

While running, Josh was so excited to see Hilary. But when he arrived in their meeting place, the sweet and beautiful face he was expecting to see was replaced with police cars, an ambulance and a huge crowd of people. The heartfelt good morning, the happy anniversary greeting and the concerned voice asking him why he was late, wasn't there. Instead, the sounds that greeted him were the siren of the ambulance and the voices of people with puzzled minds, wondering what happened. The excitement he felt was replaced with by worry and overwhelming fear mixed with so much sadness. When he reached the center of the crowd, the scenery he saw was extremely horrific. The telephone booth was completely wrecked, but his eyes didn't notice anything else but the pink ribbon with blood smeared all over it. It was the same ribbon that Hilary always wore on her hair. Even though it was destroyed his heart and soul, and it was the hardest thing to believe. He knew that his beloved Hilary was involved in the incident. 

Because of the accident, Hilary entered a state of coma for three years. Within two months of her three-year-come, Josh had completely lost his state of mind. He blamed himself for what happened to Hilary. He doesn't eat, sleep, shave or even take a bath he only sits on his bed and sulk. All he thinks about in every single minute is that if he came on time, they would've left before the accident took place. None of these tragic things would've happened and neither Hilary's life, nor his would be ruined. Cassie felt very worried about Josh, he lives alone in an apartment and his communication of his family is long gone. So Cassie felt responsible for him. She always came to his apartment and took care of him. Because of her hard work, patience and persistence together with a lot of caring, Cassie finally broke through to Josh. His state of mind and being sane returned to him. But it seemed as though with his state of mind coming back, his memories of Hilary disappeared. The love he once felt for Hilary, instead was given to Cassie. While Hilary is fighting to survive with every second of her coma, Josh and Cassie were enjoying their life as a live-in couple.