01. wounded & healed (part 1 of ?)

------

requested bymyself lol

pairing - Will Solace x Nico di Angelo (SOLANGELO)

fandom - Heroes of Olympus/Trials of Apollo

prompt/description - part 1 of a highschool au wherein Nico, a regular at the school clinic, thanks to a group of bullies, wonders about the (attractive, though he'd never admit) student who suddenly appeared in the clinic one day sitting on the nurse's chair like he was the actual school nurse, and since then he always seemed to be there to tend to Nico's wounds. Little did he know, the shaggy-haired blonde dude was actually, uncoincidentally, there for Nico.

length - 1,588 words

author's note - thiS IS LIKE, STILL A 3 DAYS IN THE INFIRMARY FIC BUT DO I CARE? no. Also, this is divided cause author's too lazy to finish it in one chapter. ALSo, I suck at making chapter titles. ALSOooo.. uh, thats it lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     The students hurried around the halls as the school bell rung, and finally the awful boy stepped back from Nico di Angelo. He, and a couple of equally ugly students he managed to assemble, had been bullying the latter ever since they've heard those awful rumors. Rumors that were, like most rumors, not true.

     Nico slumped against the rough rock wall that lined the dark backside of his school, Half-Blood University- a place where his bullies liked to torment him. The bully and he were in the same grade, the same class, though the initial was bigger, tougher, more stupid and more spoiled. He gripped his bleeding arm in a weak attempt to stop the blood, his sweater sleeve could only do so much, as he watched the bullies dash away, laughing.

     "Idiots." Nico murmured, trying to walk as fast as he can in his current predicament. He groaned under his breath when his arm throbbed in a painful way, though his mind was wandering to look for an excuse to tell the nurse. He knew the shortest path to the school clinic, had unintentionally memorized it. He decided it was useful after all. In 15 more agonizing footsteps, he finally reached the clinic. Knowing it was already past the bell, he started to open the door cautiously but his bleeding arm told him no time was to be wasted. With a huff and a good enough excuse in mind, he pushed the door.

------

     Sitting in the chair where the nurse usually sat, was a tall dude whom Nico never saw before, though he recalled seeing a speck of shaggy blond hair like this stranger's once or twice across his classroom in a couple of classes. Nico assumed for a moment that he was the new nurse, but the uniform he was wearing matched the one Nico was hiding under his black sweater. Nico stood in shock and uncertainty, his expression identical with the other guy in the room.

     "Uh, hi.." The blonde finally said after a few moments of uncomfortable silence. He hadn't seemed to notice Nico's bleeding arm yet, what with the dark red blending in with the black cloth. His expression looked more like the one of someone who's seen a vampire, which Nico supposed was what he looked like after many restless nights.

     "Who are you?" Nico found his consciousness where it had been hiding behind his walls of tension and apprehension. Nico gripped his arm again for the throbbing was coming back.

     "Oh! I'm uh, Will. My name's Will. You don't know me? I think I've seen someone like you in a couple of my classes. I'm substituting for the nurse today, since he-" He stopped abruptly, eyes snapping at Nico's arm, where a drop of blood flecked the white tiled ground of the school clinic. He seemed to register why a student had come to the clinic, and that was because he was injured. "Holy Zeus." Will said as he dashed to Nico's aid, grabbing some bandages and a clean cloth on the way. Nico barely had time to register what was happening when he was gestured to sit on one of the soft clinic beds. He flinched ever so slightly when Will touched his arm, some sort of electric current shocked him for a moment, which made him want to withdraw his throbbing arm, though he could not. He could only watch as his arm was washed and bandaged tenderly but swiftly so as not to waste more blood. He didn't say anything until Will was done, for he didn't wish to disturb him. Though it was not him who spoke again, it was Will.