The Reason Behind My Ghosting

Hey All! I've gotten some messages about why I haven't really been updating and why I've been a ghost. So here it goes..........

January 26 2018
I woke up and it was a normal day. I usually get up at 6:30 for school but I just woke up and looked at the time and it was 6 am. I felt pretty good and as I layed un bed I went over a list of things I could do before I had to get on my bus at 6:57. Not even 2 minutes later I heard a loud jump and someone running to the bathroom which shares the front wall of my room. Then I heard the most sickening throwing up noise in my life. My dad had just thrown up into his garbage pail in the hallway and then ran into the bathroom and was throwing up alot. I was very scared and disgusted because I could hear everything going on in the bathroom. It ended up that he woke uo everyone in my house. My mom came and checked on me to make sure I was ok and was getting ready for school. The day goes on (not to mention that it was my first day back at school after my midterms) and I went to cheer practice and I was exhausted because I was worrying about my dad and how I was going to be able to sleep all night because he couldn't keep anything down and was constantly going to the bathroom. It ended up that today my grandparents were picking me and my sister up from cheer(her cheer team practices in the same gym as mine but she gets there 30 minutes after me and leaves 30 minutes before me). So I ended having a sleepover at my grandparents house. So the next day I spent most of the day with my grandparents and then went out with my mom. We went home and My dad was still so very sick so I decided to sleep in the living room along with my mom. (Meanwhile Friday and Saturday my mom was telling him to go to the doctor but he refused saying it was the stomach bug)

January 28 2018
I woke up at 7:30 am to my dad waking up my mom telling her she needed to take him to urgent care. She had a look of relief on her face and took him. It happened to be at 12 my aunt was coming to take my sister and I to lunch and to go shopping at the mall. They left around 8. At 9:30 I was getting worried because my mom or dad hadn't texted us anything. So I called my mom and she told me that my dad was in the emergency room. I was shocked that they hadn't texted us but it happened very fast. He was going through alot of tests and he was very dehydrated. So we went along with our day my aunt ended up taking us to her house and we brought clothes incase we needed to sleepover. My grandparents ended up coming to get us to take us to see our dad because he was getting admitted to the hospital. When we got there my other grandparents were there with my aunt and uncle. We spent sometime there and my mom took us back home because we had school tomorrow. Over the next couple days we went to school,cheer, and to the hospital to see my dad. We also went and saw wicked for my sisters birthday. He was released on February 1st. They found a tumor on his liver.

March 13 2018

Today is they day my life probably changed.
My dad went to MSK in NYC. If you don't know what MSK is I'll tell you- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. He went in for a operation to remove the tumor. They didn't know if it was benign or malignant. We went and saw him after the surgery. If you want to hear more because its very hard to talk about comment down below. After his surgery my dad was diagnosed with Stage 1 Liver Cancer. But he doesn't need chemo or radiation. It was all removed successfully! Yay!  He was in the hospital till that sunday.

4/29/18
My Dad is improving each day. He is sooo much healthier today. We joke about how my mom is his lifesaver and whatever food poisoning saved his life-which it did! My dad have a carcinoma tumor which means tumor of the liver in medical terms. It didn't spread anywhere else! And for safety reasons he had his gallbladder removed also. Also a fun fact is that the liver is the ONLY regenerating organ in the human body. So when the tumor was removed they removed part of the tumor. The tumor was a couple inches short of a tenis ball. But another fact is my dad is a very small percentage of people diagnosed with stage 1 liver cancer. In fact most people diagnosed with liver cancer are diagnosed in the second phase where as in the first phase like my dad had is the most cure able. My dad is still going for check ups and testings but he goes back to work soon. If you want more details just comment more!

Also liver cancer is VERY rare so that's why its very hard to diagnose early on. Every October we "celebrate" to find a cure for breast cancer. But did you know that October is Liver Cancer Awarness Month as well. Why dont we walk or raise money for that. Hmm. So if we the people of the world wear pink in October why don't we also wear emerald green for liver cancer.

This was very hard for me to write I'm crying as I write this but I feel like people need to be more aware of these things:
Parents you should take your children for pediatric cancer screenings
Children,teens, adults convince your parents to get screenings as well
I know I am.

A couple of quotes that got me through this time

"Why do the best people die young?""When your in a garden what flowers do you pick?""Most beautiful ones

"When your in a garden what flowers do you pick?"
"Most beautiful ones."
"Exactly."

Stay Strong Out There!XoxoPeetniss27

Xoxo
Peetniss27